Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Cobra FS-380, Raven MP-25
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just a suggestion, but you could buy the revolver then test it by shooting holes in the doors to let the air through - no AC needed! Great idea, tight?. No??? You're prolly right - gotta keep Mama happy
Lord save me from temptation and deliver me from buying another SNS right now haha. Soon in the future I hope to add another to my collection, but happy wife mostly decent life.

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,035 Posts
Simple answer: Online auctions if you're looking for something in particular.
More involved answer: When I was building my collection of SNS pistols, I printed up business cards and left them at every single gun shop within a 100 mile radius. I told the proprietors that I was NOT paying top dollar, these were $hit guns, and we both knew it, but I'd take them off their hands if they took 'em in trade. Told them to feel free to call me before they took in a questionable (maybe broken?) gun. The benefit to them is they could make their customer happy with a trade, and I in turn got another SNS for my collection. It was slow getting going, and out of all the shops I visited, there were four that called me up regularly once we did some business. I got quite a few sub $50 guns that way. I also bought some guns along the way that I really didn't want to buy, but I did it to maintain the relationship.
I did a similar enterprise during the 1970's regarding .22 rifles and pawn shops.
Only I used contact info on hand printed index cards.
My .22 rifle collection grew to 78 different makes and models, mostly single shots.
I sold them all in 1978 after coming home on leave and finding the weapons used wet and not cleaned/oiled by my younger brother for the third time.

Wished I'd had better sense then...

Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I did a similar enterprise during the 1970's regarding .22 rifles and pawn shops.
Only I used contact info on hand printed index cards.
My .22 rifle collection grew to 78 different makes and models, mostly single shots.
I sold them all in 1978 after coming home on leave and finding the weapons used wet and not cleaned/oiled by my younger brother for the third time.

Wished I'd had better sense then...

Rerun
I have a small collection of firearms still residing at my parents and then a small collection at my home currently. Just hard to move them across states these days. Glad to see the tactic managed to work well for the both of you. Shame about the collection and your brother however.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
I ask permission before I buy. I'm not stupid enough to go looking for a fight with her.
Told the new one that we'll be running a joint checking account for bills and joint savings for trips, big purchases, or emergencies. Then we'll each have a personal checking for fuck around money like if I want a new tattoo or a firearm or truck parts, if she decides to go HAM on Amazon or buy some ridiculously expensive crystal for her collection, gifts for each other, etc.

Reactions: Bull

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Told the new one that we'll be running a joint checking account for bills and joint savings for trips, big purchases, or emergencies. Then we'll each have a personal checking for fuck around money like if I want a new tattoo or a firearm or truck parts, if she decides to go HAM on Amazon or buy some ridiculously expensive crystal for her collection, gifts for each other, etc.
We always had separate accounts till a few years ago. Up till my TIB. Then she needed to take care of all the bills. Afterwards we just kept the same account. But we never had issues either way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
We always had separate accounts till a few years ago. Up till my TIB. Then she needed to take care of all the bills. Afterwards we just kept the same account. But we never had issues either way.
My wife and I always have done seperate accounts as it just seems to work out better in the long run, at least for us.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
The individual checking accounts are for f* around money so for me I'll be splitting my checks up 40/40/10 with 10% being invested in a joint investment account. Never know when I'll croak, but if the market keeps trending at +10%, which is slightly lower then normal to account for slumps, with 10-20 years of investing she and the kids should have a decent chunk of change to play with.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm new to the forum and happy to find a place that covers these firearms and pieces of firearms history. My collection currently consists of a Raven MP-25 and a new old-stock Cobra FS-380. When searching for magazine I came across this one on E-bay that we've all probably seen at this point. View attachment 75731

I purchased it out of curiosity and discovered that it's manufactured by Pro-Mag and it appears to be a modified Diamondback magazine. The spacer on it is 3D printed.

When I first got it, it wouldn't lock into the magazine well and had to use a dremel to slightly elongate the cut-out area for the mag release to catch. Without the spacer the magazine would lock in, but if the slide was back and the magazine was bumped it would stick further into the chamber and prevent the slide from closing. I imagine this is why the spacer was included with the magazine. I've tested it with snap caps and it does feed, but haven't been able to take it to the range yet. Does anyone else have any experience with this magazine or any other extended magazines for these 380 acp Saturday Night Specials?

I bought a magazine from Joe's for the Cobra Denali. Sadly the magazine did not work (don't recall the specific reason why it did not work).

The Denali is a pretty nice gun. The magazines on the other hand suck!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now I'm going to enable you, bwah-ha-ha!
Did you know that Cobra Enterprises made a revolver? It's was a .38 Special called the Cobra Shadow.
They marketed it as a competitor to S&W and Charter Arms revolvers. It was a swing and a huge miss.
There's one on Gunbroker right now.

I am on the hunt for a Shadow. Sadly, most are way too expensive.

·
Super Moderator
9,526 Posts
@CulperRing Keep the faith, one will turn up in your price range eventually. But trust me, the fit and finish was sub-par compared to the S&W and Charter revolvers they were intended to compete with (which is why I never took the plunge to buy one myself. I did spend a lot of time looking at them at SHOT in 2013 and was underwhelmed, and this is coming from someone who likes Cobras.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts