Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Cobra FS barrels better than Lorcin barrels? I have read that Lorcin barrels had very poor rifling. Was it all barrels or just certain calibers? Was wondering if Cobra fixed that issue?

And it is really hard to find FS32 stuff. I have some 380 Lorcin frames on the way and I would really like to make them 32s.

And I see Bearman updated their website finally. Looks like they have an "Internal Safety Locking Device" on their derringers now.

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
Rifling on the Lorcin 32 & 380 barrels was pitiful. Cobra's barrels were definitely a step up.

You're right, FS32 parts are tough. I don't think Cobra saw a lot of demand for 32ACP.

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
And I see Bearman updated their website finally. Looks like they have an "Internal Safety Locking Device" on their derringers now.
Yep, a set screw. I initially posted a screen shot of the ISLD info page, but noticed at the very bottom of the web page it's copywrited. You can see it for yourself at the Bearman Industries web page here: https://bearmanindustries.com

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rifling on the Lorcin 32 & 380 barrels was pitiful. Cobra's barrels were definitely a step up.

You're right, FS32 parts are tough. I don't think Cobra saw a lot of demand for 32ACP.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy some Lorcin kits, but I will wait to buy Cobra kits instead.

Are Cobra magazines any better? I really like the Denali, but the magazines are garbage! (And a 32ACP Denali would have been awesome!).

Wonder if Bearman will start pistols in the future?

I have been seeing a lot of 32ACP derringers on GB lately.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, a set screw. I initially posted a screen shot of the ISLD info page, but noticed at the very bottom of the web page it's copywrited. You can see it for yourself at the Bearman Industries web page here: https://bearmanindustries.com

Still on a hunt for 25ACP derringer. Last two on GB went for crazy money.

I wonder if the device is in response to the lawsuit?

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
Are Cobra magazines any better? I really like the Denali, but the magazines are garbage! (And a 32ACP Denali would have been awesome!).
Cobra's FS magazines are marginally better than Lorcin; the Cobra CA magazines are the same as their Davis progenitors.

The Denali magazine is a modded CA magazine; Cobra added a cutout for mag release on the mag body and put on a different base.

I agree, a Denali in .32ACP would've been great.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cobra's FS magazines are marginally better than Lorcin; the Cobra CA magazines are the same as their Davis progenitors.

The Denali magazine is a modded CA magazine; Cobra added a cutout for mag release on the mag body and put on a different base.

I agree, a Denali in .32ACP would've been great.

Are Triple K magazines even better then?

Do you know if anyone has tried to print 3D magazines?

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
Yup, I would imagine Triple K mags would be much better.
I haven't heard of anyone attempting to 3D print the mags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts