Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all know I like getting attention(sometimes the wrong way so).... I acquired this "endangered species."  A  Pre-Ban Cobray M11/9mm w/1-32 round Cobray zytel mag. This top=cocker beast has a 5.5" barrel, is all steel and even LOOKS like a criminal.... an UGLY one. But, it fires flawlessly from an eye level or hip level and does not spray rounds all over as some have suggested. It's designed very much like the Thompson Tommy 45s and is quite intimidating. Sorry,Gents,but my camera money is all gone.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used to own one. theres a reason they call them a "phone booth gun". that said they are awesome bullet hoses.

SW
You got me stumped! Phone booth gun? A movie? Planted gun in a phone booth? Am I not even close?

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Yes enquiring minds want to know...I don't know that one either...what's it mean?

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
coined by the navy seals in the 60s, the derisive term "phone booth gun" refers to teh fact a gun is so innacurate, both you and your target must be in a phone booth for you to hit it.

SW

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
lol thats a good one, adding it to the lexicon.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
How is the front site on your MAC installed, Is it a piece of bent up metal that is welded to the receiver? I have probably the same type of gun as you made by MPA which some folks I've talked to say bought all of MAC's old parts etc. They were saying that some of the MPA guns even have parts with MAC markings.

Anyhow how does that thing shoot for accuracy? Does yours seem to shoot high and to the Left?. I was very intrigued by the thought of a 32 round capacity and a 6" barrel but mine shoots high and left guess ill have to get a sledge hammer do some "adjusting"

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is the front site on your MAC installed, Is it a piece of bent up metal that is welded to the receiver? I have probably the same type of gun as you made by MPA which some folks I've talked to say bought all of MAC's old parts etc. They were saying that some of the MPA guns even have parts with MAC markings.

Anyhow how does that thing shoot for accuracy? Does yours seem to shoot high and to the Left?. I was very intrigued by the thought of a 32 round capacity and a 6" barrel but mine shoots high and left guess ill have to get a sledge hammer do some "adjusting"
The front and rear sights are crude and the top cocker knob partially blocks the front site post. I dabbed some red auto body paint to help it stand out some.
The gun shoots straight as aided by the 5"barrel and I got baseball size groups out to 20' while holding the gun with 2 hands at eye level.The groups opened up a lot shooting from the hip,but I still managed to get consistant hits COM.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been looking at one of the Cobray 9mm carbines which is the same gun but with a butt stock and longer barrel. They are only $299 and you still get the "criminal look. :D

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been looking at one of the Cobray 9mm carbines which is the same gun but with a butt stock and longer barrel. They are only $299 and you still get the "criminal look. :D
Go for it.They do resemble career criminals. Browning, the "pretty boy" of gunmakers also turned their Buckmark pistol into a rifle/carbine...so more power to Cobray and Masterpiece Arms.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a private range so I don't get the looks or stares from others but I do take some friends from time to time and pulling one out would be awesome. I have to guess that they are well balanced due to the mag being pretty much in the center, is it?

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a private range so I don't get the looks or stares from others but I do take some friends from time to time and pulling one out would be awesome. I have to guess that they are well balanced due to the mag being pretty much in the center, is it?
I shoot at public ranges and some pretty "rough" dudes and their dudettes show up to bust a few caps. I especially enjoy impressing the dudettes..oh well,different story. Your friends at your range will definitely ask to shoot your "gangsta gun."

Loaded or unloaded I like the feel and balance of the gun.Installed a Pachmyer fingergroove slip on over the grip and it helps.

You only live once...try 'em all or at least try :cool2:

·
Premium Supporter
951 Posts
On the "cool" scale it is a 10. But on the accuracy scale ...well that's a different story.

I owned one long enough to take it to the range once. After 2 mags [30 rounder's] I went straight to my friends gun shop and sold it, still warm and dirty.
That was 8 months ago , and to this day it is still sitting there for sale.
Uncomfortable, inaccurate & heavy .IMO

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
$279.95 is a good price.
They have stayed pretty steady for some odd reason even after everything went through the roof. I see them in the SOG sale catalog every time it comes in the mail and I say I will order one but never pull the trigger so to speak.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts