Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about having my C9 remain "cocked & locked". Has anyone had any issues with keeping their C9 in this condition? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't leave one chambered in my vehicle C9, but only because it is illegal to do so without a CCW. While I do have a CCW, sometimes my daughters mom drives my truck, wouldn't want her busted for something I forgot about.

I keep the JHP 'Cocked & Locked' at home for home defense.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm the same with her JH and my C9 at home.
Grab it, thumb the safety off and ready to go.

When we go to the range however, the empty mags get locked in the glove box, the ammo in the center console, and the weapons in the trunk.

We have yet to get our carry permits, so I'm hoping this would preclude any problem for an officer if we were to get pulled over during the 5 min. trip to the range.
Pushing the envelope I know, but that's part of the reason we don't go as often as I'd like.

·
Registered
799 Posts
C&L 1ITC

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I keep it cawked, lawked, 10+1 capacity. Safety ALWAYS on.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Word filter sometimes blocks the correct way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eric that is like break dancing in the day. I never did it because if I start to dance something is going to break.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Corelogik said:

When we go to the range however, the empty mags get locked in the glove box, the ammo in the center console, and the weapons in the trunk.

We have yet to get our carry permits, so I'm hoping this would preclude any problem for an officer if we were to get pulled over during the 5 min. trip to the range.
Pushing the envelope I know, but that's part of the reason we don't go as often as I'd like.
Your process is perfectly legal. You can keep the mags loaded, as long as the firearm is separated from the ammo. gun = glove box, ammo = trunk, or vice versa. Either is
fine. How else can one transport, if you couldn't use this formula you would never be allowed to move your firearms, unless you wa;]I keep the JHP 'Cocked & Locked' at home for home defense.[/quote]

[/quote]

Your process is perfectly legal. You can keep the mags loaded, as long as the firearm is separated from the ammo. gun = glove box, ammo = trunk, or vice versa. Either is
fine. How else can one transport, if you couldn't use this formula you would never be allowed to move your firearms, unless you want to walk everywhere :embarrassed2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
wont carry chambered on my persons. I dont like to do that with any striker fired gun. I carry with a hammer, chambered, with the safety on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Safety's can kill

Just came from another combat/defensive pistol training class yesterday and it was interesting to hear what some instructors feel about this topic. They were all LEO's, normally teach NRA approved CPL classes on a weekly basis, do off-duty investigative/detective work for hire, and provide armed & unarmed security services.

Due to normal psychological reactions it is highly likely that most people will experience a loss of "fine motor skills" in a life threatening situation. In regards to a carry or home defense weapon, their claim was that more lives have been lost to having a safety on rather than off. In the heat of the moment people will suffer tunnel vision, causing them to forget small details that are not ingrained into their main muscle memory - such as taking a gun off safety before squeezing the trigger, resulting in having their gun taken away and turned on them. Simple tasks you may remember, such as changing the mag or chambering a round, can be as cumbersome as if you were wearing boxing gloves. (Barney Fife syndrome).

Other than the trigger finger, you should not count on your fingers to accomplish crucial tasks in a life threatening event. Having all your guns in a safe may cost you your life as you struggle to dial a combination, that you may or may not even be able to remember during the heat of the moment, (try opening your gun safe FAST with your toes and you'll get an idea of what it's like with your hands when under stress). Don't try to use just fingers to change mags or chamber a round - use your whole hands. Practice, practice, practice your draw until you wear the finish on your weapon and form caluses on your hands, then practice more. Train, train, train, and don't kid yourself into thinking you'll be cool under fire.

'Safety's can kill' is a generalized statement and obviously will not be advisable under all possible scenario's and with all weapons, but it's important to remember that it's the situation or detail you least expect that will cost you your life. I have changed my SOP.

"I don't fear the man with an arsenal of expensive weapons in his safe, for it's the guy that carries one gun that shows it's shiny edges from wear that demands my attention."
-unknown-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

fine. How else can one transport, if you couldn't use this formula you would never be allowed to move your firearms, unless you want to walk everywhere :embarrassed2:
man i love fl. perfectly leagle to carry in the car as long as it is "secerly encased" in a holster; a glove box, locked or not; a gun case locked or not; you get the point

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I always keep my carry guns locked and loaded.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts