Colony

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gunlover, Feb 17, 2016.

1. gunlover

gunlover Member

Has anyone watched this show yet? No, not the show "The colony" but Colony. It comes on USA. What do you guys think of it? To me, it's the most realistic show about what could possibly happen.
    Here's a link.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4209256/

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Yes, we have; and yes, your right. Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever. Personally, I don't give a $hit. I think we are closer to NWO than ever. And no, it won't take a spaceship or whatever the "visitors" are to make it happen. If you think about it, the backstabbing, political deal making and promises of protection you see on that program are happening every day right here. If a higher power were to visit this planet, the politicians would line up to deal with them. They would line the people up as sacrificial lambs. It's a no-brainer. Thanks for the post. The series should be mandatory watching, just to show the people how corrupt the world is. :foilhat:

3. gunlover

gunlover Member

Hate to say it but I'm addicted to it now. Makes me hate to even think about the future.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I started watching it but missed an episode. Have to catch up on demand later.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I've watched the first 3 episodes or so and have the rest on DVR. It really looks neat and the whole character interaction is the biggest draw. But I'm kinda having trouble "connecting" with the main characters.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Haven't seen it yet, but the idea is dynamite!

7. gunlover

gunlover Member

This latest episode was confusing for me. Are they trying to say it was an alien invasion? Is the thing they killed on the train an alien? A human in a suit?

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Kind of hinted at in episode 8 with the telescope & possible moon base bit.

9. GUNLOVER Never heard of the show will have to check it out sounds good

10. gunlover

gunlover Member

I wonder if the "factory" is on the moon, since they have to go through all the stuff just to work there. You know they're gonna leave us hanging on the season finale next week.

11. cicpup

Vermont
    Of course they are. IMO another hint is the way folks refer to "the invasion" and a really big one is the book Laurie Grimes and Sawyer Ford's kid had.

12. Kind of reminds me of the Combine in Half-Life 2. Humanoid aliens in full body suite.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Need to check this out, is it on NetFlix yet?

We've been discussing SHTF and BOB or GHB a lot, at least a
    thought provoking TV show could get me thinking in that vein...

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    I do not have cable, satellite, Hulu, Vivo, Ju-Ju or anything TV, and
    I do not want to pay for anything except NF (or something like it) ;)

15. gunlover

gunlover Member

I don't think it's on Netflix yet, this is the first season but you may be able to find episodes online, maybe.

16. undeRGRound

INDY
    Thanks "H" :D

Sounds like you found about the only TV show I'd really enjoy ;)

17. gunlover

gunlover Member

I enjoy it. I just really hope it doesn't turn into an alien invasion. I just don't think that would be realistic. I was enjoying it thinking the government just took over.

18. cicpup

Vermont
    Guess they cleared up that mystery.

19. gunlover

gunlover Member

I'm watching last nights episode tonight.... Now I'm ready to watch it!!! Was it a cliff hanger?