Colt 1878 DA Frontier .45 Long Colt

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by MalcolmStone, Mar 13, 2008.

1. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Member

So I have this Colt 1878 DA Frontier in .45 Long Colt and I'm considering selling it to help with some financial troubles.

I figured I'd throw up the offer here first, as I've come to think of you all as friends/family and want to give you all the first opportunity.

I'm at work currently and don't have any pics to post or much info to relate. It has a 5.5" barrel and both left and right grips are chipped at the bottom (not uncommon with the material used). It is mechanically sound and locks up tight, however I haven't fired it or had it checked by a gunsmith, so there is the possibility that it is nonoperational at the moment. The bluing has patina'd to a nice plum brown and has not been refinished. If I remember correctly, from the serial number, it is a 1903 or maybe 1904 production.

I'm wanting $1,000 for it, which in it's current condition is about $400-500 below value.

Unfortunately, I'll need to know in the next week or so if there is any real interest in this gun. I'm willing to consider reasonable offers as well.

I'll get some pics up later this evening (providing I can find the digital camera).

So, that's it. Let me know if you're interested or know someone who is. I really don't want to get rid of this gun, but times are rough and this one has the best potential to move quickly considering the collectibilityThe gun is C&R eligible, before anyone asks.

Thanks,

Tom