Colt coming off the list?

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Rachgier, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

So I've heard rumors, but haven't found anything solid about it. Rumor has it Colt won't be resubmitting any more firearms for the CA DOJ Approved List? I guess all but 4 of their models fall of the list in 26 hours? There are 84 hand guns from various manufacturers that are supposedly in limbo at this time.

2. ekim

ekim Member

I think it would be better if comiefornia would fall off the list of American states instead or just fall into the ocean!

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I just can't figure out why Colt even tries anymore.

They might be the most pointless gun company around. Nothing they still make is in any way innovative or even competitive, they don't make their best guns anymore, and they don't seem to make anything new or better. No wonder they went bankrupt.

Which is a sad thing...but there it is.:rolleyes:

4. it wont be long and CA will have 0 pistols aloud to be purchased by civilians.

Where are the CA residents going "Its really not that bad here, The laws are understandable"

Or the people saying "commons sense laws do not lead to a slippery slope.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Maybe california & new york should just succeed the 2nd amendment. And all the non gun people would have a place to go live & be robbed & murdered in peace?

6. Rachgier

See that's just it. NY has, written in to it's constitution, articles guaranteeing New Yorkers the rights and the freedom to bear arms and create a militia. Then you have SC decisions upholding the draconian laws stripping them of those rights.

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

And its NY city that's fudging it up for the rest of the state.

8. Rachgier

NYC, Buffalo, Albany, Binghamton, Syracuse, Ithaca, and the tri-county area near Lake Placid on the border of Vermont.

The rest of the state tends to vote republican.

9. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Yeah **** Calif , yeah right !!!!!:loco::conspiracy:

10. You blow my mind defending them stomping on your rights.
    How many pistols are on your safe list that Leo's don't have to follow?
    And how many will be gone in the next couple years. Ruger and S&W have both said they won't bother trying to get on it again. And rugers new pistol is proof.

And after all the laws what exactly is safer? Is Oakland a safe happy party now? Are terrorists not getting straw purchased?

11. Rachgier

:rofl: :foilhat:

Have you heard anything about this?

12. USMC_VET

My LGS has plenty of Colt long guns and pistols and they have not heard of anything concerning the DOJ and their list of approved firearms . Was there a couple days ago and like mentioned there was plenty of Colt LE6920 & LE6940 AR's in different configurations

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Just like Chicago for the whole state of Illinois!

14. Rachgier

Long guns aren't the issue. It's basically all of their handguns. I think the only model that doesn't expire at midnight tonight is the Colt Commander.

15. slade601

slade601 Member

Isn't there a new law starting in Cali at midnight. If ANYONE says you're a possible threat the judge gets to decide to take away your firearms for an extended period of time?

16. USMC_VET

If I remember some firearm mfg's wanted off the list because of Calif stupid law on micro stamping ID #'s on the firing pin plus having to add loaded chamber indicators

17. Rachgier

I was reading about that.

18. USMC_VET

Only for 21 days !!

19. Yep. They can take away your guns if ANYONE reports you as a danger, or even a drinking problem.

20. mej24

mej24 Member

Only 21 days? What's the saying, give an inch, take a foot? Confiscation starts small and then expands, just like every other government scheme.