Colt Police Positive

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by Dohrmc, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

This very nice Colt .32 was my Dad's. It was made in 1921, when he was 11, so the buyer will forever remain a mystery. It is a Colt Police Positive.
    It is chambered in .32 S&W Long. I have shot it a number of times, and along with being in very good condition, it has a smooth and silky trigger.
    It is very accurate at close ranges for the rudimentary sights. They are plenty good enough up close.
    A tiny gun-would be a low powered, but excellent CC gun. I don't know where you would find a holster-custom made I guess.
    To my knowledge, it was only fired in anger once. We lived above our grocery store. One night a couple of drunks tried to break into the pay phone just down below. He fired several times into the street from the upstairs window, and they were gone, baby, gone.
    Pretty soon, it will be 100 years old.

Attached Files:

2. For some reason, I love the two most common revolver models of the 20th century, the Colt Police Positive and S&W Military and Police, especially in .38 Special from the early'20s through the late 30s. You have really nice gun there and some family memories to make it even better. Ain't that America?

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Beautiful revolver! A real treasure.

4. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

I could probably make a holster for it. That's what I do.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

A 100 year old family heirloom? I wouldn't carry it. It'd be a Safe Queen and Range Gun. With that sort of history, I wouldn't want to risk the things that could possibly happen to it if I carried it. Even just the holster wear on the finish would be more than I'd want to subject a Family Heirloom to.

But, if you do want a holster, check Duster's work.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. Here is mine.

Born in 1912 and chambered in .32 WCF. I bought it as a box of parts and the seller stated all the parts were there. After hunting down the missing parts, I created a fairly decent shooting pistol. Who ever owned it before me didn't take care of it, and they began to "polish" it....I cleaned it up the best I could and didnt re-blue it. Im just glad I was able to take a box of parts and actually making it work just by watching youtube and internet sources.

Attached Files:

• CPP.jpg
      CPP.jpg
      File size:
      58.7 KB
      Views: