Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, I bought 3 pythons with intentions to sell all 3 at a profit. I was just a bit after the big wave of crazy buying and only sold 2, but it was always a PLAN B to possibly sell 2 and keep one. So I kept the "BLEM"

Here's my question, does anyone have any knowledge of a tally of blemished PYTHONS or anything of the sort? This one was received at my LGS on a slow day apparently, they had a really good look at it and it's darn near perfect. My "BLEM" sticker fell of the box but I still have the price tags and all other items that came with the original sale. The LGS said it looked like a small scratch up by the roll pin on the back strap, but without reading glasses I'm not gonna see anything that small LOL

I'm thinking maybe someday a pristine "BLEM" model might be kind of rare, like error coins released from the US Mint. But either way, I saved a bit on it and it's a really sweet piece, one of many 357 Magnum revolvers in my stable, so I might as well keep it really mint condition and shoot the other ones.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
All that a blem model will do is reduce price compared to a non blem gun.
It’s not like an accidental thing that escaped the QC and only 127 exist....it’s actually been recognized as substandard and then sold anyway. No bounty for that.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly right now, no premium for a blem. If ever. But if the blemished models are very rare (doubtful) it may be so in the future. I'm saying I have 3 other "shooters" in the same caliber and I can afford to keep this one as-is. I was at an LGS and they said Colt had released some with oblong screw heads or something weird but this one looks pretty perfect when you see it's really a blemished Python. Maybe someday I'll just shoot it and say screw the collector status

@ajole folks like you and I know better, but then again there's a sucker born every minute and I'm willing to make a payday if the opportunity arises. Hi Point owners are value driven, and usually cheap skates

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Collectors of high dollar Colts or Winchesters tend to not be suckers. You can think the Blem model is rare and worth more, but they’re going to say, no, it’s just a blem. And that makes it worth less today, just like it made it worth less at the dealer.
A substandard gun with no special thing that sets it apart from any other gun, other than being substandard.
You’re best bet is to NOT call it a blem, and not disclose it either. A pristine never fired Python? Win. A pristine never fired Blem? It’s a blem.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,913 Posts
Certainly right now, no premium for a blem. If ever. But if the blemished models are very rare (doubtful) it may be so in the future. I'm saying I have 3 other "shooters" in the same caliber and I can afford to keep this one as-is. I was at an LGS and they said Colt had released some with oblong screw heads or something weird but this one looks pretty perfect when you see it's really a blemished Python. Maybe someday I'll just shoot it and say screw the collector status

@ajole folks like you and I know better, but then again there's a sucker born every minute and I'm willing to make a payday if the opportunity arises. Hi Point owners are value driven, and usually cheap skates
You're gonna save a blemished gun and use the non blemished ones? Its a blem gun not gold you idiot. I keep reading this thread and wondering if you hit your head or something.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
You're gonna save a blemished gun and use the non blemished ones? Its a blem gun not gold you idiot. I keep reading this thread and wondering if you hit your head or something.
He IS a Mole, moonz. They are blind and do run in underground caves. Hitting his head is a constant hazard.
Helmet Hard hat Cap Sports gear Headgear

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He IS a Mole, moonz. They are blind and do run in underground caves. Hitting his head is a constant hazard.
View attachment 73928
Yeah this is for you moonZ

I sold the other 2, a few the ones I am shooting are the Smiffs and the Ruger. I'll prolly just do what AL said, but then again maybe I'll shoot the Blem eventually

The flaw is so minor it ain't a thang...
Primate Vertebrate Organism Gesture Terrestrial animal

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I bought a blemished Palmetto State Armory firearm. I had to look very hard to find the blemish and could barely tell. Some factory blemishes do not deserve to labeled as such.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
Sometimes the blemish is nothing. A roll mark that didn't go full depth, bad anodizing job, a wrinkle in the powder coat, an errant tool mark or chip swirl from the machining process.

I built a rifle from raw receivers for a client that had a swirl mark around a pin hole in the lower. Buffed right out with a cloth wheel and some Mother's before I sent it off for cerakote. It came as "blemished" and he got a great deal on them.

Reactions: ajole

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,913 Posts
Yeah this is for you moonZ

I sold the other 2, a few the ones I am shooting are the Smiffs and the Ruger. I'll prolly just do what AL said, but then again maybe I'll shoot the Blem eventually

The flaw is so minor it ain't a thang... View attachment 73930
If it wasn't a thang. Why the thread on blems being worth more?

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
If it wasn't a thang. Why the thread on blems being worth more?
He asked a question, got an answer he didn't like and played the "yeah but..." game until he was convinced his original theory on its value was incorrect...

I can dig it...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He asked a question, got an answer he didn't like and played the "yeah but..." game until he was convinced his original theory on its value was incorrect...

I can dig it...
No shame in that! I know I'll get a brutally honest answer here, so I'm thinking now I just got a $100 discounted shooter.

"ain't a thang" is referring to the blemish, I cannot see it without reading glasses at all. @moona11

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Shoot the crap out of it. At some point it will be an excellent shooter, or a POS, either way, you’ll have used it and either gotten joy out of it, or gotten a chance to call Colt out for sucking so bad..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts