Columbia delays finals for some after 'trauma' of Garner, Brown grand jury decisions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Dec 9, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Apologies in advance. As if yesterday's thread about police encouraging citizens to voluntarily have their houses searched for illegal guns, I bring you this beauty. Please don't hate me :D

Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

In case you missed it, here's the headline again

Columbia delays finals for some after 'trauma' of Garner, Brown grand jury decisions

I've highlighted some of my favorite parts :p

http://news.yahoo.com/columbia-law-school-lets--traumatized--students-postpone-finals-after-non-indictments-in-eric-garner--michael-brown-cases-170145848.html

If these law students are this shaken up by a few decisions, they have no business in law. I have worked in law in some capacity or another for 8 years now. I am more surprised when a Judge gets a decision right then I am upset over a bad decision anymore. Boy are these cupcakes in for an awakening when they hit the real world (more like when the real world hits them) and they see it for themselves.

2. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

This is pandering and just encouraging misconduct. Really? "Polarizing Grand Jury decisions"? :rolleyes:

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

If I was a white student there, I might just have to take advantage of that...... Just to make them have to look at me and begrudgingly say ok!

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I am traumatized everyday by the idiots in congress and the executive branch. I feel that I should have paid days off to recover from this trauma. I found that going out shooting reduces the stresses involved in dealing with the trauma so ACA should be required to pay for my range fees and ammo. I need to find a doctor that will write me a script. :rolleyes:

5. Bull

Columbia delays finals for some after 'trauma' of Garner, Brown grand jury de...

........ Bad post

6. Bull

Got Ya covered!..... ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1418178006.578464.jpg

7. Back2School

Back2School Member

Just one more reason not to go to a liberal school like Mizzou...

(Honestly) I am shocked they did it and KU didn't :)

8. Bull

.............. We have so many a$$holes from Kansas around here, we needed a ton more proctologists!

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Bleeding heart Liberal Schools. They are as much a plague to our Country as our bleeding heart liberal Court Judges.

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

ROFLMAO:D He was the best part of that movie.

11. Bull

Jack Elam made that part!

12. Back2School

Back2School Member

Have you ever thought of moving further into MO than? :D

13. Back2School

Back2School Member

Honestly, I got so pissed off in my business law class I almost stopped going to KU. I went for 1/2 a semester this summer and been out since. I really dont want to go back - Thinking of finishing online @ K-State. The damn business law professor spent almost a week on the 2nd amendment and how it was outdated. Than went back to it regularly for the rest of the semester. I spent a lot of my that semester arguing with him and showing him new laws he hadn't seen yet and wrinkles in the laws he claimed to know backward and forward.

14. Bull

Columbia delays finals for some after 'trauma' of Garner, Brown grand jury de...

Lot of people seem to feel that way..... At least our kinda people anyway.... My son at UMKC, and my daughter at Longview CC both had horrible times with their philosophy classes..... Rabidly anti-Christian, arrogant Aholes!....... My son answered a test question taken directly from their notes.... And the professor marked it wrong, with the answer he provided!....... My son mentioned it to him, he said "so what."...... Luckily one of the professors aides fixed it for him, but anymore, college classes not directly tied to your field, are nothing but money pits for the schools, and sanctuaries for devoid of real-life experienced jackwagons.

15. Back2School

Back2School Member

Honestly, the only reason I have been going is I wanted to get a degree for myself just to say I did it. I am the first (and only) in my family to ever attend a university. My company reimbursed the entire first 2 years at CC. Many of the classes have no valid use in business (and KU is a AACSB accredited school). I have friends who are COOs with accounting backgrounds and they cant believe the amount of accounting classes needed for their undergrad degree.

I took a class on business controls last summer - they claimed it was an IT class. It was all accounting and no discussion of computers in business except how to support Sarbanes-Oxley. The teacher (who couldnt have been more than say 30-35) complained about students handwriting one day. I explained to him I havent had to physically write something out since the late 80s because well, everywhere I worked (even in my old blue collar jobs) had computers for anything that needed to be recorded since then and he was the first professor in 6 years of half time school that wanted hand written assignments. He claimed his 3-5 years working in "the real world" meant he knew more what future employers wanted than I did and that employers want people who can physically write. So I explained how for any company with ISO 9001 certification (anyone more than a mom and pop) doesnt allow handwritten notes because they are not secure, his idea is actually breaking several business controls and that when I hire, I don't ask to see their handwriting skills. I prefer typed resumes. :) Yes I can be an a$$ as you all have seen.

When I left to go to FL inthe middle of the semster, he wasn't willing let me do the class as incomplete - it became my first grade below a B - I got an F

16. Bull

Those that can do, do....... Those that can't do teach.......(JK Ajole!).... Only in colleges!... Don't tase me bro!

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'd be pissed if you weren't so close to right about at least half the profession.:rolleyes:

Especially in colleges, it's as if the best way to get ahead in academia is to suck up to the snarky ant-establishment leftover hippies that think they are preserving the progressive revolution started in the '60's by destroying every remnant of conservative American thought. The best way to get ahead, talk bad about the establishment, and push some minority viewpoint. Bonus points for anti-religious stances.:rolleyes:

Buncha ass hats. My brother teaches at some colleges in Washington state, he was on his way to getting a doctorate, nothing left to do but write his thesis, until he realized he'd have to play that game to stay in the field. With his masters, he gets to just teach kids and stay out of politics, it's like he's beneath their notice.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014