combat rig

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by rodka, Feb 2, 2008.

1. rodka

rodka Member

anybody have pics of their combat rig.
    im trying to figure out what im gonna go with.

2. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ok...placate the civilian here:

Define "Combat Rig"?

3. Fenix

Fenix Guest

+1. Theres many definitions and most of us aren't weekend warriors per say.

4. rodka

rodka Member

its all the gear (suspenders, mag pouches, holsters, etc.) and weapons you would take into combat if there was like a foreign invasion and you formed a militia for example.

hopes this makes sense :D

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

ooohhhh....

K. Don't own a "Rig". Have a Tacti-Cool vest but that was a gift from a director that was a former prop. Kind of useless if you ask me but then again I've never had the need to use it.

My personal opinion is that it totaly depends on the situation at hand. I firmly believe that less is more. The more gear, ammo, tactical equpment and backup to the back up weapons you carry, the less you can move and the more you depend on such things.

Then again I come from a family of engineers and MacGyver is one of my heros, so what do I know :p

For the heck of it, I think I'll dig up all the gear I've aquired and try to put it together as it was meant to be. Pics pending...

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Here is my combat rig

My Sheridan :wink:

[​IMG]

7. rodka

rodka Member

LOL :lol:
    wish i had one of those, woudnt even need a firearm. :twisted:

8. rrjenn

rrjenn Guest

[​IMG]
    What? No Abrams M1 Tank?

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

There's a reason:

Ever try to find parts for one of those at an AutoZone? :p Worse than a Suzuki Samurai for even brakes....

10. Kagern

Kagern Guest

Actually, with the Sheridan's reliability, I would keep a sidearm close by. P)

11. If we're basing this on stuff I'm likely to own at the time I have to go into "combat I'd say Khaki cargo pants (with lots of pockets), a photgraphers vest (with lots of pockets) underneath a large jacket, (with lots of pockets) and a standard hiker's backpack. I'd rig up up a way to put my MN 91/20 and my my shotty on the sides of the frame of said backpack and wear my .45 on my hip.

Then I'd collapse a couple of hours later from the weight, cuz I'm in no shape to go into combat. :wink:

12. You're the one would need to pay for the fuel and ammo and that thing looks like it would be a sob to reload for, I don't know anyone that makes the dies, powder and primers as well as the bullets could also get a bit pricey and forget about shopping at TireRack.com for all season treads.

13. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Member

I have an external frame Cabela's backpack for carrying my stuff. I have one of these attached to it to carry my Trench Gun, it works really nice.

Eberlestock Scabbard
    [​IMG]

I like it so much that I have another one on order. The also make a Detachable Top that weather proofs the scabbard.

Matt

14. rodka

rodka Member

LOL :lol:

Good idea on the vest and stuff it gives a discreet look when you need it but will also hold gear close by.

15. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Uncle Milty Travel vest light weight and comes in several colors. Alot of pockets inside, and outside, and a very large one on the back that I can fit some clothes in :D

16. SHOOTER Z

I also picked up a cartridge belt from WW for a rifle and installed holsters and speedloader pouch and another pouch for handleing mags.

1 holster for my 38, the other for C9, and use my paddle back mag cases on it as well. In the pouch. I can carry 2 mags for the 22, 2 mags for the 4095, and 4 speed loaders as well as 25 assortted rounds of 38 in the loops. AndI can't forget my trusty knife.
    I also have 2 bandaliers of 12 gauge 00buck and birdshot 25 each for the shotgun

17. Ari

Ari Guest

18. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Win. Any tank that can be dropped from a plane gets +100 coolness factor.

19. Any tank that can be carried in a plane could also be dropped from it.
    it's old, but imagine a C5 or C17 and an Abrams...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsr_sexBmGA[/ame]

[​IMG]

20. SHOOTER Z

Actuall the A1 CANNOT be air dropped as it's too heavy for parachutes