Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
Well chit, I said I'd post pics of this Fallout coat. Lol. I'll have to figure out how to get a good pose. But here is my belt. LT to RT, 1911 drop leg, multi-tool, binoculars, first aid kit, pack-ax (really cool it folds up), knife, utility kit (ammo, nav. fishing, everything), range finder on left chest strap, water bladder on back.

The Fallout summer long coat. Made from my neighbors couch. I have a black leather vest under it made from my couch. Lol

Attachments

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
That's some cool stuff right there!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Well chit, I said I'd post pics of this Fallout coat. Lol. I'll have to figure out how to get a good pose. But here is my belt. LT to RT, 1911 drop leg, multi-tool, binoculars, first aid kit, pack-ax (really cool it folds up), knife, utility kit (ammo, nav. fishing, everything), range finder on left chest strap, water bladder on back.

The Fallout summer long coat. Made from my neighbors couch. I have a black leather vest under it made from my couch. Lol
O.O

You don't look as old as I thought you were - A real lady killer!

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
What, the leather couch you used to romp on with "BOY" George?:rofl:

Flipped your pic, DuMPster... ;)
Are you sashay in around
:rofl: apparently... yes!

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
Looks more like Assassin's Creed III type garb.

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
Looks more like Assassin's Creed III type garb.
Agreed, but to me Fallout simply means big time SHTF world of scrounging. The goal is to learn coats, and an elder Maxim coat. Sleeves and collars are hard. I was going to try them on this project, but it takes a boat load of material to do a coat and I ran out of materials. Heck I just finished a real nice lined long vest for my wife. It took an entire side of leather plus 2.5 yards of denim for the lining.

Eldra, my age? 57. Old enough to have gotten around the block a few times, and young enough to make use of the experience. For awhile longer anyway.;)

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Revised a couple of my woodland setups.
Mini chest rig now has 3x double M16 pouches and the 2x CMVS modded triples which will do duty as first aid and mini survival kit to augment the 3 day backpack or rucksack.
Modded FLC belt now has 2x triple shingles and 2x large Medic Pockets and 2x canteen covers, has space for MOLLE Waistpack if needed but likely will leave bare and use rucksack. Both rigs carry 6 AR magazines each.
Edit; the modded belt rides high, across the lower belly above the hip belt that usually carries handgun and its mags.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a military officer or on-duty officer, you always need protection against deadly shots. For that protection, you should opt for the plate carrier as it is not only a carrier; it is also a protector against such deadly rifle fires. But if you are someone who does not face such circumstances and needs something to place your weapons or other objects, then you can also opt for chest rigs.

Source: bestplatecarriers.com

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
As a military officer or on-duty officer, you always need protection against deadly shots. For that protection, you should opt for the plate carrier as it is not only a carrier; it is also a protector against such deadly rifle fires. But if you are someone who does not face such circumstances and needs something to place your weapons or other objects, then you can also opt for chest rigs.

Source: bestplatecarriers.com
Custom body armor carrier in Woodland
See this thread ;)

I also recently acquired a HSGI Wasatch Plate Carrier chest rig thats for L SAPIs which I plan to get for myself as the "10x12" Level 4 plates are a bit short on me, width is fine but its the height that bugs me.. they're actually 11.5" tall while the SAPI L size is 13.25" tall and 10.25" wide. The multicurve ceramic ICW Level 3 Special Threat plates in the custom woodland carrier in the above thread measured 12 tall and just over 10 wide.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.