Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
hmm, well i'd go with a hi point 995 and my ruger p89 9mm.

and ruger 10/22 and walther 22 :D

double up on ammo between the 4 of them with me and the girlfriend :D

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Here's mine:

Here's hers:

+1 R1100

I really believe in and preach this concept.
I'll post a couple more of my pairs later.

-'bridge

PS I suppose if I HAD to pick a setup I don't already own, a KRISS Super V and Glock 21 would do in a pinch:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
if i had them, it would be the a lever acton .357 and a .357 revolver. both will shoot .38 special and .357, but i do not owned neither.

based on what i DO HAVE:

sks and .20 gauge shotgun
,20 gauge and 995 carbine
995 carbine and 9 mm handgun
sks and .22lr rifle
sks and 9mm handgun

in my vison of a shtf, a handgun would be my 3rd option because of concealment purposes.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I don't have the 357's either if I had to go with what I got TODAY it would be C9 and 4095 But I like the 357/38 deal and or 44 mag/special combo as well

·
Registered
799 Posts
It kinda depends on how exactly the SHTF but I still stand by my SKS I stoped counting when the round count broke 2500 and it has never had a operation malfunction while in its stock configuration. If I had to add a side arm to it I would have to go 1911. My choices again are very influenced by the weapons I am most familiar with and have had a good track record with.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have several combo's sitting in the safe to choose from....

Marlin 1894 .44Mag lever rifle with Taurus Tracker .44Mag as sidearm.
SKS and S&W 9VE 9mm
Ruger 10-22 and Ruger 22/45
SKS and Makarov 9x18Mak
Marlin 925M .22Mag and S&W 9VE or Taurus .44Mag or Taurus .44Spl
or.... any combination of the above depending on situation.

Savage MkII .22lr bolt rifle and Kel Tec PF9/S&W 9VE/Makarov/Bersa 380

I try not think about those guns I dont have cause that just sets off that "I Gotta Have It" itch which takes money from my current inventory projects.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Scottder: I agree that the 5.7 round would be awesome. I'm guessing you could haul more rounds for the same weight than even my beloved 9mm. And 50 rounds on tap... I think though, that I'd rather get an AR upper for it (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR165-7.html) so I could at least have spare AR parts to work on the lower if parts dry up. What do you think? Oh, and if you could get a civilian legal HK MP7? Heaven, baby!

I absolutely believe in the idea of one round for multiple guns. I wish I could find/build a PDW that took 92 mags.

I'd still like to get a Taurus Judge to go with my Mossberg 500 .410 and also a .410/45 Super Comanche.

If gun banners take my prize 92 guns, I'd go with a L/A .357 Marlin and a Ruger Blackhawk.

I'm still looking for a pistol chambered in 7.62x54R to pair up with my Mosins. :D

-'bridge

·
Registered
236 Posts
For me my 12G and my .45. For fun AS 50 Snper rifle and a MAC 11.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Common rifle/carbine/pistol/BUG just makes so much sense for the S&P guy. The cowboys seemed to be able to handle most things with their .44's and .45's.

My choice would be (and this is working on mostly what I have) an 18" .357 leveraction carbine (yet to acquire), my .357 GP100 (4") and my Kimber 1911 .38 Super. I have found that my .38 Super hand loads will fit and fire from my GP100 giving a little more versatility with ammo. If I completely ran out of .357's and .38 specials, I could at least shoot the Super's in the Ruger and I suspect, as a single shot weapon, in the carbine also. I have yet to test this.

For those who don't know, the .38 Super is a semi rimmed round similar to a 9mm. My hand loads are very mild and the projectile for the Super is undersized for the .357, there by reducing pressure in the barrel again. I am not recommending anyone else does this, this is just what I have done myself. Naturally, shooting a two thou undersized bullet doesn't give great accuracy.

OEK

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'd still like to get a Taurus Judge to go with my Mossberg 500 .410 and also a .410/45 Super Comanche.
What do you think about these babies? Leinad Double Barrel Derringer 45/410 and Leinad 45/410 Double Bbl 11 inch barrel SXS, respectively. There is also a single-shot derringer and an over/under double-barrel derringer. I love the SxS derringer, and would like to have the 11" SxS to go along with it.
Click the picture to link to the G-Broker page.

·
Registered
773 Posts
OK I'll bite. A leveraction 357 mag with a revolver ALSO in 357
Ditto on this Shooter Z. Hard to beat a .357 Mag lever rifle matched with a .357 Mag revolver.

In this case, my Rossi Model 94 with my new S&W 686 revolver w/ 4" barrel.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, I think it depends on how one defines SHTF. Are we talking total collapse or Katrina on a wider scale? Total collapse (ala Mad Max) seems a bit less likely so it would seem we are talking more specifically self-defense situations rather than long-term survival (i.e. hunting).

So, for that, I like my SKS, a 12GA shotty, and .45ACP 1911.

SKS provide perimeter defense. Lacks hi-cap out of the box, but can reload quick enough for perimeter duty.

Shotty provides intrusion defense if perimeter is breached.

1911 provides close-range protection and personal protection when a rifle might be problematic.

My opinion is that anything with more reach than an SKS round is more offensive than defensive in nature. Defensive sniping would be a siege situation which I doubt I'd find myself in unless it was the Zombie Apocalypse.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Here's a sweet setup for a carbine/handgun combo that shares the same ammo...

Marlin 1894 .44Sp/.44Mag, 4" Taurus 441 .44Sp and 2.5" Charter Arms .44Sp
8)

G

·
yea id find myself more barricaded in a house somewhere more then anything else so id prob go with what i got, 12 guage shotty 4095 carbine and mayb a 10/22 to piss intruders off as there getting closer :D
but i also got my 2 best friends that live down the street and my father all with guns so im sure id be fine. idk how thatd work how for food situations tho cus itd be like 3 familys ina house so might be a lack of food etc but thats another story.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts