Comfort accessories

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Feb 10, 2008.

Feel bad, ever buy gun stuff?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ever had a really bad day? Some people choose to eat "comfort food"... me, I'm personally leaning towards spending money I don't have and getting some new "toys" for one of my firearms. Anyone else here do that?

2. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

All the time. I go and play scratch off lottery tickets too.

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

actually no. if i feel bad i just think that there are people in this world alot worse off than me and i feel better.

FWIW i play scratch tickets too. cheap entertainment.

SW

4. I hate those infernal scratch off tickets. Cant never win a stinking thing on them other than the occasional $1

5. Man I do that all the time, Its a great stress reliever :)

6. Yah :). Forget clothes/shoe shopping, stuff that involves "picantinny rail" is da bomb!

7. I just use it as a reason to buy gun stuff lol... I feel horrible right now lol I think I need to go get that .308 im looking at lol.

8. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

I was feeling horrible too, after the todays events. I just went and bought scratch off tickets. I broke even. Spent $4 and won $4.

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

Nope, usually because when I'm feeling really bad it's because the show I've been working on has just been closed :(

Best solution: A nice long ride on the Vespa. When I got canned from the University, I ended up buring nearly a full tank on the Vespa and 6 hours on the road. I felt ALOT better after that. Then again, if anyone has been to Northern Arizona and up Highway 89, you can understand how a nice ride up those mountains can ease just about anything.

$5 in fuel and about $10 in greasy roadside diner food usually fixes everything.

10. Driving around with my nice sound system going was one of the few pleasures I had back when I owned my own car... makes me want to get another again... I miss driving it.

11. I never feel bad. With that said, I never put my gun buying and accessorizing before the needs of my family. My guns are important, but I do have priorities.

12. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

yay for me! i took ten bucks to the local stop-n-rob for scratch tickets and came home with 60$. looks like jarhead needs to move here.

SW

13. SW.... lucky dog! $60 will help foot some of your reloading bills!

14. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

I voted yes, but I actually do the opposite.

I spend when Im in a great mood.
    Just patched my radiator and replaced all the hoses, a shop quoted me $600 so thats what i get to spend. Having a newly classified 'classic' truck, I get to do that pretty often :lol:

15. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

I love to go shooting when I am in a bad mood. There is nothing more relaxing than blowing up stuff...

16. 500 rounds downrange fixed my bad day yesterday quite well. Now if only I could afford to do it again...

actually, if the range was open, I probably would have splurged and put 100-200 downrange.

17. Ridge

Ridge Member

I cuddle my AR :)

18. neothespian

neothespian Member

Wow.

Now that's sharing.

Someone else now contribute...please. :shock:

19. I'm thinking some .45 ACP 230 gr. +p will fit the bill nicely.

Smooth diversion, eh?

20. elguapo

elguapo Guest

When I heard the word one of my ex's was cheating on me, I bought ammo, and went to the range: Seems, when the tough get going, I go to the range.

If, by some reason, I cannot get to the range, I look to gaming.

I voted yes: I buy ammo.