"Communist Roulette"

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Branth, May 6, 2014.

1. Branth

Branth Member

Does anyone else play this game at the range? I call it "Communist Roulette." Go out with your 6-shot revolver and load it and all your speedloaders with only 5 shots. One random shot out of the cylinder, you get a "click" and can watch your muzzle bob if you're jerking the trigger. I just did this today, and it really helped me with my trigger pull issues.

By the way, it's not Russian Roulette because you don't point the gun at your head. It's Communist Roulette because there's no consequences for failure! :D

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Makes total sense.:)

3. Kiln

Kiln Member

In Russian roulette you shoot yourself, in communist roulette someone from the party shoots you when you fail.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Been a long time since I did that. There are other variations too.

When I took my buddy out to try a .357 Mag before he bought, I loaded the cylinder with a mix of old .38's and .357's. Sometimes it would be a mild recoil, sometimes not. And every once in a while those (really really old) .38's would be a dud. He'd have to maintain proper form & trigger, not knowing if it would be a bang, BOOM, or click.

Another variation for semi-autos is to have a friend load your mag for you with one (or more) snap caps.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Sounds like a good idea. I'll have to give it a try. You can probably get similar results though by practicing with low or no recoil firearms like .22s, and airguns. I noticed my Trigger pull improved dramatically when I cut recoil out of the equation, and trained that way for a while. Even going back to magnums the improvements carry back over, because it breaks bad recoil related habits like flinching and such.

6. johnnyBgood

johnnyBgood Member

A friend of mine recommended that to me to do for my wife. She tends to anticipate the shots and pushes them down when firing our Ruger sr45