Comp for C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Revdd, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Revdd

Revdd Member

Does anyone have information about how hard it is to track down a compensator for C9. I realize that they don't do much to combat muzzle climb, it is more for the visual effect. I want to add some walnut custom grips as well.

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    You need to either find the whole thing or the comp barrel. Both difficult but not impossible.

3. rickm

rickm Member

From my understanding in order to use the comp on the c9 you have to have the longer barrel also. I would say your best bet would be to call the company and ask about it.

4. ReDaCTeD

ReDaCTeD Polymer Extrusionist Supporting Member

How did you realize that?

5. Revdd

Revdd Member

I read several reviews by various people, some youtube videos too, they all agree they don't notice much change in muzzle climb or recoil with the addition of a compensator.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

DON'T buy one!
    It will cause you to want to buy another one & another one & another one?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Mel you need help.

8. Revdd

Revdd Member

How about you just sell me one of yours Macho Mel

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Or you could ask us.

You were right, you must have the COMP barrel, it's longer than the normal barrel, and provides a place to clamp the COMP.

I wonder if they would send you a COMP barrel, if you asked?

10. MachoMelvin

I now have 7 Compensators. I'm thinking maybe one of them NEEDS be a Nickel Compensator, what do you think?

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I believe they only are making the .380 comp anymore.

12. MachoMelvin

Not sure where your located, but I'm sure that cost + S/H + FFL would be more than you would pay. Keep your eyes on GB, there are 2 on there right now. One of them needs some work ie; parts gun, the other not too bad?

13. MachoMelvin

14. MachoMelvin

NOPE!

I already asked last year, MoM will only ship certain parts & will NOT sell certain parts?
    Compensator barrels is one of those NOT shipped & NOT sold items

15. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I'm not so sure that's entirely accurate, the extra weight on the end of the barrel does prevent some muzzle flip compared to a regular c9. A longer barrel mean more accuracy. I could be wrong but that's why they call guns with long barrels rifles correct?

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, that's not correct.

Guns with shoulder stocks are called rifles, as long as they have rifled barrels, regardless of length.

Smooth bore shoulder stocked guns are called shotguns.

Handguns with rifled barrels, no matter how long the barrel, are never, ever, called rifles.

And handguns with smooth bores less than 18 inches long are called a felony, unless they are flare guns. That's why the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor have light rifling in them.

17. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I see, but a pistol can have a buttstock to you know. A mauser pistol came with one for officers? My point was the longer the barrel the more accurate it will be, especially using a pistol caliber like 9mm a short range. Isn't the comp barrel half inch longer than a c9?

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida

I know we don't want to stay off topic, but here is my two cents on two of the statements.

Handguns with rifled barrels, no matter how long the barrel, are never, ever, called rifles.
    Depending on the accessories, they can be called a SBR !! and require a stamp. IE. foregrip, stock, etc. Isn't the broomstick Mauser pistol a class III??

And handguns with smooth bores less than 18 inches long are called a felony, unless they are flare guns. That's why the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor have light rifling in them

I asked this question to ATF at the show this weekend as it came up on this forum in another post. According to him bore makes no difference between pistol or rifle/shotgun. Design of gun makes the difference. If designed for one hand use, it is a pistol. Whether a smooth bore or rifled bore. If designed for two hands, then depending on the bore it is a shotgun or a rifle. Shortening the barrel then makes a SBR or SBS class III.
    The Judge, public defender and other design 410/45 pistols have some rifling because of the 45 colt or other round it is capable of firing.

19. MachoMelvin

1.5 inches to be exact.