Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I searched, but post was old with few responses so here goes...)

Has anyone done a "before and after" on a carbine, especially a 4095, to see what effect the factory compensator has?

I know most guys have an opinion of how much it can do in a pistol caliber carbine. I'd really like to hear anyone's first-hand observations.

I think my 995 has barely any recoil or muzzle rise. I recently got a 4095 but haven't fired it yet.

Thanks.

·
Q.E.D.
16 Posts
I recently bought one for my 4095. In slow shooting its just there to make it look cool, but when I would rapid fire it holds true and drills small holes. I approve.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
not with a 4095.. I did have one on my 995 when I bought it.. Took it off to see if the person I bought it from was honest about how well he kept his gun clean... He wasn't.. Left it off and fired about 50 rounds of standard 115gr bulk ammo thru it.. Honestly I did not notice a great deal of difference between with it on and without... But the 40 is a hotter round so there may be a difference.. I really can not see considering the type of weapon its being shot out of... Maybe if you get up into the really hot +P+ loads there may be.. but how often will a person find that kind of ammo to shoot... I think they are they mainly for looks... And I will admit they do look kinda neat...

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
it is MOSTLY for looks. the other options would be weight on the end of the barrel (not much at that so you arent likely to notice it)... and the 3rd is it has a small rail for mounting stuff on it for the old carbines.

it doesnt actually compensate for anything... considering the "ports" that are usually not even fully cleared of all metal/debris are on the SIDES (left right) when you mount it...

so in recap, looks/mounting accessories/weight. thats about it.

·
Q.E.D.
16 Posts
I thought it funny that the ports were on the side, but it handles better when I have it on there. It might be the sheer weight fo the thing that helps. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts