Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking for a 995 but I have a question about one. Is there a rail mount on the compensator, say, to mount a bipod? I'm lining up accessories for when I do find the carbine..

Thanks!

brickman7

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't answer that my friend. Never used a bi-pod so I am not sure what would be the best choice for the 995.

Here is a pic of the compensator so you know what to expect. Hopefully this will help you out a little deciding what you need to adapt your bi-pod.

Yeah, they look pretty rough. Raw casting is what you get. You can paint it and it will look 100% better. Notice the dove tail grooves opposite the mounting clamp screw.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't answer that my friend. Never used a bi-pod so I am not sure what would be the best choice for the 995.

Here is a pic of the compensator so you know what to expect. Hopefully this will help you out a little deciding what you need to adapt your bi-pod.

Yeah, they look pretty rough. Raw casting is what you get. You can paint it and it will look 100% better. Notice the dove tail grooves opposite the mounting clamp screw.

Thanks SWeiss for the answer and for the pics! The pics of the compensator I've seen online weren't very clear...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Wow, thats a horrid sight. :sick:

Can the official Hipoint lazer be mounted without this gizmo? I see in the little price paper HP sends out that the laser is like $52, I think.. and this compensator is $15? I have a plane jane stock 995 what do I need to mount HPs lazer doo-dad.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You can mount the HP laser to the compensator. The laser comes with a bracket that dovetails into the slots on the compensator. My 995 came with the laser and comp, but I ended up taking the laser off... just didn't seem to be very useful. If I were to use it for HD, I might consider putting it back on, though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sweiss maybe you can answer a question for this new 995 owner. What does the compensator do besides look really cool?
The compensator is supposed to direct muzzle gasses out in all directions (instead of just forward) to help reduce muzzle jump and felt recoil. Not sure how effective it would be on a small cartridge like the 9MM. I think it's just supposed to look "cool".

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
the compensator actually works, gang. I have it on the 4095 and it makes a difference. my follow up shots are a lot faster with it

don't mount a bipod to the barrel of anything if you can help it. mount it to the stock

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Its better to mount the bipod on the base (somewhere on the lower stock) just so you know.

·
Banned
65 Posts
If you are using an ATI stock this may help you out. But if you're keeping the original stock just disregard my post. This is a UTG Tri-Rail that clamps around your barrel. They make a 2 slot rail and larger 5 slot rail which is what I have. It's not near as heavy as it looks. This way you still have three rails and can use whatever compensator you want to.
2 slot
5 slot

You can get them at cheaperthandirt.com http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP068-6.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.