Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a new compensator (the one from HP) to my 995 classic. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet-does it really help any? Also, does everything line up correctly with the muzzle? I don't want the bullet shearing the sides of the comp. Thanks for y'all's help in advance!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
i worried about that also because someone on here said they put the comp on,took a shot,and it flew off the gun. so i took a drill and bored it out just a little.never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I have a HP compensator on my ATI 995 Classic and it lines up perfectly. I have fired with & without the compensator, can't say there is much difference. If I were you I would save the money for some other mod unless you just like the looks of the 995 with the comp. I have a new TS that I will not install a comp. on.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I haven't shot my 995TS with the newly added comp so I don't know if there is a difference in the performance. My primary reason for buying it was to protect the muzzle and secondly to up the cool factor.
Also, I just found out that the added overall length permits the carbine to fit the supports in my rifle rack.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Most of the time the compensator lets go is they didn't tighten it enough or it loosened up while they were shooting. I have a comp on my 4095 and love it. Also I use a laser ring and have a minimag flashlight on in for night firing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a compensator on my 995TS. I've only shot it with it on so I can't offer a good comparison as yet. I plan to take it off and try it to see if there is a difference. I don't expect there to be much difference. 9mm doesn't give much kick to begin with so there isn't alot to improve on to begin with. Truthfully, I thought I was shooting a .22LR given the recoil. BTW, I love my 995TS. One of the best bang for the $$$ out there right now. I recently bought a sub 2000 in .49 S&W too. Shot it for the 1st time too along with the 995TS. I liked the 995TS better. I found myself shooting clip after clip through the 995TS while the sub2000 lay in its case. Don't get me wrong I like the sub 2000 too. However, my next carbine will be another Hi-point. I recently got a 4095 classic. Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet though. If it shoots as well as the 995TS I will get a TS stock for it too. I also plan to get a 45 ACP version when they are availalble. i've become a real Hi-point fan.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't tell a difference in recoil or rise, just a little louder to the shooter. It has never came off and I use Loctite.
IMG]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/car248366/09200920551.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this topic, but the thought is bothering me a bit:

A proper compensator/muzzle brake is supposed to vent the gasses in a direction that counter-acts the torque that makes the barrel move upward. The degree that this may or may not happen seems debateable, but my question is this: does anyone know if the Beemiller comp is even designed to vent said gasses in a particular direction? When installed like the picture in the packaging, the vents are on the sides, not the top. If the vents are simply slits, that sends any counter-acting forces to the sides, not the top. That won't keep the barrel from moving upward at all.

Of course, all this comes to mind *after* I've purchased the Beemiller product, not before. But if what I suspect is true, I'll be sending it back and exchanging it for another magazine...

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Is there some place to order one that is already decked out? I don't know much about doing all the modifications. Is there a favorite dealer that will add all the extras that I might want?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.