Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a competition sub-forum? I'd like to know who else on here partakes in the sport, or who uses thier HiPoints in comps. I for one am going to attempt my hand in a 3 gun in May, with my ugly :) 995. Yeah, I'm at a capacity disadvantage...but I'll make up for it in style points during those mag changes :devilsidesmile:

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood, thanks.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
leadslinger, That's an awesome suggestion!
We are currently working on plans to have a Hi-Point "Postal Match"... Think of it as "Chess by mail" but a lot quicker, and concerning firearms. The bugs we're still hammering out are:
-Classes for different calibers
-Classes for carbines and handguns
-Classes for different distances

Of course, we still are trying to conjure up what we could offer as prizes and such.

I just wanted you to know that we are on the same page as you, who knows... we may eventually have to have a "Bragging rights" thread before it's over.
Thanks again for showing interest, I hope more members post their interest in it on this thread, because it's motivation at it's finest when they do.

-Mike
HPFF Admin

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well count me in brother!

As for prizes, I'm sure Kripp could come of the hip for sweet relics :grinwink:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
not really much call for it. i used a C9 in IDPA back in the day and ive shot steel silhouette with my 995 but past that not much.

SW
How did that work out?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing I like about IDPA. No matter what gun you shoot you have every chance to be competitive. Heck this past weekend I shot with a guy using an old sigma with a cracked frame, granted I ducked when he was up, :shifty: but he did very well.

FWIW I did have a failure on my Px4...first of any kind, really through me for a loop, needless to say that stage went all to heck. :-[

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im going to try my JHP .45 coming up in a competition a few saturdays from now here in illinois.. see how it does.. wish I could put a scope on it...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I like the suggestion. I use to shoot competition but have since stopped because of time restraints. I would like to get into some fun shoots again though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts