Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may get drawn and quartered here but I need to speak my mind..

If this is a Hi-Point forum for discussing only Hi-Point stuff as what I was told on one of my posts a while back about a hunting section.

Then why have all the other Forum Topics.

I may get blasted on here. but I have seen more locked posts on this site since I have been a member then any other forums I am a member of.

I can see locking for vulgarity or personal attacks

I think everyone here has a great attitude about alot of the topics and so far I haven't seen anyone get attacked to bad. Except for a couple that did somthing very stupid and they got removed...

If we can't discuss things like adults then why have the different sections for non gun related topics.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I think it needed to be said. So I will be the goat for this..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I tend to agree with you however that being said I like the fact that the mods don't let things degenerate around here like happens on the other forums which will remain un-named :!: Sometimes it is hard to find the middle ground and it is easier to lock a thread that may be going in the wrong direction and then the mods can review it and may reopen it with provisions.

Now that you are out on the proverbial limb I will put the proverbial trampoline under you so falling doesn't hurt so much :lol: I am JK you know :!:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
most of you guys werent around for the great FFZ debalce. It got UGLY for a time. The mods keep this a civil forum by shutting things down before they start. If you feel censored by this you are free to post elsewhere, it wouldnt be the first time and it wont be the last.

In response to you other comments, this is PRIMARILY a hi point forum. It is not solely for discussing HPs, we also branch out. How far we branch out is up to the mods. If you want a hunting board that also covers guns try gunandgame or outdoorsmans forums. while some of us here do hunt the majority dont and a forum that doesnt offer anything to teh majority of the membership has no place here.

SW

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
+1 to SW.

The thing about Hi-Points are this:

#1, They are inexpensive, well made Guns.

#2, They are inexpensive, well made guns that WORK.

#3, They are inexpensive, well made guns that WORK, but are kinda Ugly.

#4, They are inexpensive, well made guns that WORk, but are kinda Ugly, and are made in the good ole' USA!

#5, See 1-4 above.

We all love our Hi-Points, and always will. However, just about every topic related to the function, maintainence, operation and warranty has already been covered on this forum 10 fold.

Should this have been a strictly Hi-Point forum, this would be a dead site, and would have been years ago. However, it is the diversity that makes us the greatest forum out there. If all we talked about was Hi-Points, we'd get bored fast, as other forums have found out the hard way. What we have become, due to the Administration/Moderation of HPFF *before I was a Mod OR an Admin mind you, I started out as a regular poster too.* what we have become is a gun community, like minded people here to help others with issues on Hi-Points primarily, but on other guns as well.

What HPFF has become is envied by just about every other gun forum out there. We have stated that we will be a family oriented forum, dedicated to the promotion of, information about and assistance with any issues to anyone who loves or owns a Hi-Point product. This is who we ARE, but HPFF as it stands now is what we have evolved into being.

Personally, I love this forum. To me, it's the greatest place to hang out other than the shooting range. Honestly, I think being here is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :wink:

Just kidding, shooting guns is, but you get the idea... :D

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
What primal is saying is:
Talk about hunting in the lounge, if it seems that every topic in the lounge is hunting oriented, they will eventually have to "evolve" and make the Hunting section. ;)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree w/ Primal..

I was getting at more so that variety among adults is better. Most of us are not single minded.

But sometimes it easier to have one place to goto to discuss a whole variety of things then 5 different places to keep up with..

I was being a devils advocate so to speak with my post. Hopeing someone would respond they way primal did and maybe open a few minds.. :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
#3, They are inexpensive, well made guns that WORK, but are kinda Ugly.
What??? They are not ugly or kinda ugly.

#3b, They are inexpensive, well made guns that WORK, but look like a lean and mean bullet shooting machine. 8)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
SbroomheadSr, did you want me to edit my OP?

·
Registered
928 Posts
SEMANTICS!!!
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, end of story...
:lol:
Strangerous is by buddy so I'll will not disagree with him lol but he is right hi points are a great gun and good looking. I'm saving up for a 4095 so if anyone has one used they wanna sell let me know I want one really bad.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'm lost. Who are you kicking again?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
...I can see locking for vulgarity or personal attacks...
I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

IBTL

:roll:

·
1,792 Posts
Yeah, I too dont think there that Ugly. :p:)

I vote for the edit of your op Primal. to say ugly as sin to most but not so ugly to others. :p:)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

IBTL

Thats mature.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts

IBTL

Thats mature.
You really think so? :p

ETA inspirational link:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea That was actualy pretty good..

·
Registered
285 Posts

IBTL

hmmm, classic Cheech and Chong, no?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.