Complete And Utter Disapointment!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by mkcol, May 30, 2017.

1. TFL

TFL Active Member

TFL stands for: "Totally Fricken' Lost".

I take it that you are "Jack the Mole"? ;)

2. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Nope, that is "Rodent" the Molle. Or Molly, or Lot Lizard. :rofl:

3. TFL

TFL Active Member

I am afraid to ask! :eek:

4. Edknn

Edknn Supporting Member

Mole is one of the good guys.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

"Mole" is the forum nickname for forum user undeRGRound.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Sitting here reading this is always fun. Sad I didn't get in and say Hi. Not really. I was busy. But man Cic is on it. And Rach finally admitted in in charge of you ass hats so continue.

PS mole is still chief mouth hugger in the lot.

7. peorth

peorth Member

When you start punching one ragged hole at 25 yards, you'll learn to like the 995TS :D

Here's a few suggestions:

* The operating handle tends to get loose on mine, so you might want to keep an eye on it.

* The top cover (receiver shroud) is rust prone, so put a couple Zerust tabs in your gun safe. With other firearms I can usually get the rust off with fine steel wool + rem oil, but didn't work as well with the Hi Point.

* Ammo makes a huge difference in accuracy at 50 yards and beyond. Mine likes Fioccihi but hates Blazer.

* Consider getting the cheek pad from Brass Stacker. The 995 TS stock tend to "bite" into your cheek and the cheek pad will make it nicer. These guys have EXCELLENT customer service.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  8. mkcol

mkcol Member

Thanks for your insight. After a couple of trips to the range, I'm getting there with the "one hole at 25 yds". As to Blazer ammo, the only gun I have that has no issues with Blazer is my .357 wheel gun, it eats whatever you put in front of it.

Thanks again to all of you who have provided all the valuable insights and hints for getting the most from my 995. This in spite of my original tirade. This thing is becoming one of my favorite toys for the range.

9. mkcol

mkcol Member

Couldn't agree more with your "only complaint". Since overcoming my original issues with a combination of the helpful hints, research, and a little range time (wish I could get there more often), I have quickly found out that the only thing "cheap" about the firearm was its purchase price. I have easily spent that and a little more on "enhancements" to make it more fun and personal!

10. mkcol

mkcol Member

Yep, the problems have been solved and like Kirk, getting the wanted and needed range time is a bit of a challenge. Only been able to get there a couple of times but each time brings more understanding and enjoyment for this firearm.

11. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

It just gets better and better;)

I had one...traded it for a car:D

On the lookout for its replacement.

12. It may be useful if you could explain how your problems were solved, in order to help anyone else with the same issues.

13. mkcol

mkcol Member

As much as it pains me to admit, the vast majority of them were solved by educating myself, help from a close friend and range time to familiarize myself with the firearm. In many ways it's not like the other guns I own and is my first semi-auto rifle. Again, I was very wrong to spout off the way I did without first heading to the range and spending time with it.

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

The birds are singing and the sun is shining. All is right in the world. Gun is love! And love your gun. :p

Now you can ask how to trick your toy out! :D

15. mkcol

mkcol Member

Oh heck, the biggest problem with tricking it out is trying to decide which options to go for and staying somewhat close to your budget. Like I posted earlier, the ONLY thing inexpensive about this gun is the purchase price. You can break the bank tricking in out!

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

If you spend more than $25 on a red dot sight you overpaid. Nice ones out there that can handle AR47 recoil for that.

17. Then there's the Tacticool Fanboys' Trijicons, AImpoints, and Eotech sights that retails for two or more Hi Point carbines ;) lol :rolleyes:

Tasco made some good red dot sights... BSA from factory is decent, but can be hit or miss... I like my Primary Arms 1-4x scope with illumination, it works pretty good..and bonus, it doesnt need red dot on all the time!

As for other accessories... yes it is far easy to think you want this or that and spend a lot money on it. So far, my only real accessories on my 995 Classic are the scope and its mounts.... took off the muzzle device and planted it on the family .22 rifle to have a laser mount as the rear iron sigh on the Nylon 66 is gone and its riveted type.

18. RMMPE

RMMPE Member

NEPA
    I'm waiting for the HTA BullPup chassis for my HP 4595TS before I do anything more with accessories.

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

Stay away from anything Firefield. I have a scope/laser combo. The screw stripped out on the laser for one of the adjustments. (brand new never used) A friend has a similar combo with more magnification. Never been to the range. Laser switch took a dump.