Complete this sentence

Discussion in 'HPFF Comedy' started by tallbump, Sep 10, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Not sure where to put this thread, it could go many ways.

It is firearm related, but not Hi Point. It's not intended to lead to the pro's and cons or a review of a non Hi Point Firearm. There is a political/relgious/current events reference, but, again, the intent isn't to start a debate about that. Besides, there is already a thread.

Of course, this will probably turn into something and Swaga will move it to the dark rooms LOL :)

I had been thinking that I was maybe interested the Taurus curve.

SO, knowing my friend is knowledgeable - he's a firearms instructor and works in a gun shop, outspoken and funny I sent him a text. I will modify his reply just a but becuase his language is a little too "colorful"for me, however, it was pretty funny

Me: Complete this sentence. The Taurus Curve is...

Him: Gay...really gay

Me: Tell me how you really feel :)

Him: Ok. It's so gay that *clerk in Kentucky* wouldn't issue it a marriage license bwhahahahahaha

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Me: Complete this sentence. The Taurus Curve is...

Mole: A Flash in the Pan

I saw one at my M&P* LGS, and they had not sold any... :eek:

I didn't even ask to see it. (coon-hand it) ;)

*M&P LGS = Mom and Pop :D

They are great folks!

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Weird!
    I just don't see them selling too many of these.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

My LGS #1 got robbed yesterday, drove trough the front of the store. 75 guns were stolen. The property owner would not let them install bolards in the front. Guess that might change. ATF is still there.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

I think its a joke as well. Looks uncomfortable to hold and just awkward.

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I thought you were going to end the story with "Everything was stolen, but the burglars left behind all 20 of the Taurus Curves."

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

It was an inside job for the insurance. Its the only way they knew they could get those stupid things out of the store.

8. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I thought the curve interested me, but I was mistaken.

9. Its just so gimmiky, Might sell well to some females that don't care how well it shoots at the range. But thats it.
    They are pushing it HARD all the magazines, and web outfits have ad's and some reviews.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I dunno. I really, really, applaud Taurus for thinking out of the box and trying to come up with something new and useful which fits a market. But most people seem to think this is just a bit too unconventional or hate it for the aesthetics, which is a dumb reason to hate it in this particular case.

I wish them luck and really hope that this turns into a good seller for them but, that said, I won't be buying it. Maybe in 20 years, I'll be kicking myself for not buying what became a rare collector's item.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    My big issue with the Curve isn't so much the aesthetics as the ergonomics. The contours might be okay to adapt to one hand, but they are completely different in the other, given the assymetric design. If a pistol can't be used in one hand as easily as in the other, then it is no good.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

How does it shoot at the range?

And isn't that less important than how it shoots when pointed at a close-range goblin?

Well, it's unique enough to warrant the ink.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    My #2 LGS (or even #1) could prolly make me a good enough deal on it to
    make it worth while, IDK... I don't really have a small carry 9mm now that I
    sold the SCCY to my gunny buddy. (and used the funds for something better :D)

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    I'd buy it HOPING it flops, and becomes RARE like KLawson said...
    My new phrase is gonna WWKD

What Would KLAWSON Do... :D ;)

15. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

16. planosteve

Yup that's the one, all the nfa stuff was locked up.

17. planosteve

They got a lot of Glocks

18. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    They could put a regular grip on it and call it the "un-curve". :rolleyes:

19. The first mod will be laying on a steel table and smacking it with a regular hammer, to make it straight.

I like the light/laser combo. I dont like the non existent sights.

20. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I like when "guns" dont look like guns. Have you seen a Zip Gun? It looks like something that an alien dropped.

It looks un gun like, now we need to come up with those zippo, cell phone guns again.

Lemme know when the Exploding Bazooka Boot comes out, please.

A fist sized hole in someones chest AND lights them on fire...now, THATS stopping power and theres a cool EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW Factor

I like when cops show up to a shooting scene and say "DAMN, you REALLY pissed someone off didnt you?!"

The Curve looks cool, I wont buy one though. Dont "need" one. My Kelt Tec/Taurus/Raven......etc fill the bill