Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Completed My Bolt-Action WW2 Collection!!!

1K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Lovetoshoot 
#1 ·
Acquired a 1903 Springfield back in September for what I thought was a good deal:

Wood Metal Twig Natural material

Looks and shoots great. Very clean bore and stock.

Rounds out my WW2 collection of M41 Carcano, M48 Mauser, M44 Mosin, Type 38 Arisaka, and MK3 Lee-Enfield.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
ajole it is the Yugo Mauser, should have said WW2-ish cause the Mosin is post war too.

cicpup it was $1,300, which was several hundred lower than I had been seeing online when I could find them and my last gun buy for a long while. Of course my SIL latched onto a nice Garand for $800 and had to show me up. He go his from the CMP folks. The guy I got the 1903 from did throw in some ammo, some clips, and a nice canvas case.

Haven't checked prices on ammo lately but I hope it has come down a bit. 2 boxes is like sending $100 down range.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
I can recall walking by barrels full of rifles in Roses back in the early 90s and thinking...Who'd wanna buy that old junk? Where's Sherman and Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine when you need it?!?!?!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Very nice.

Now, you need to get ahold of the "scaled accurate" collection of the Mosin 91/30, M38, the pistol and the Springfield 1903A1 models in 22LR, from Keystone Arms that they have come out with. They are a bit pricey though.
What I want is for GSG (or anybody) to make a 22LR (or in 22 Magnum) a FG-42.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thanks! I only wish my Carcano and Arisaka looked that good.
I was out on the 100yd range this past Wednesday shooting my Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine and Pietta PPSH-41/22 when I guy came up with his 1903. He rolled out his mat, loaded up and proceeded to pepper the target in a prone position. Out of maybe 50rnds he had 1 "flyer" that was no more than 4" out of the black. Pretty impressive stuff.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
My Arisaka Type 38 shoots fine, but every time I pull the trigger I see $$$ going down range, plus ammo is hard to come by or was last time I looked:

Wood Shotgun Composite material Air gun Musical instrument

It's so long it barely fits in my safe!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.