Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Completed My Bolt-Action WW2 Collection!!!

1K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Lovetoshoot 
#1 ·
Acquired a 1903 Springfield back in September for what I thought was a good deal:

Wood Metal Twig Natural material

Looks and shoots great. Very clean bore and stock.

Rounds out my WW2 collection of M41 Carcano, M48 Mauser, M44 Mosin, Type 38 Arisaka, and MK3 Lee-Enfield.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Nice! That's the one I still want, but am unwilling to pay for. I don't really care about the Japanese or Italian weapons, and I've never even seen a French rifle in person.

BTW...you say M48 Mauser? Is that the Yugo version.......from after WW2?

Now you can start on the K98k, Garand, No 4 Mk2 Lee-Enfield, 91/30 Mosin, Type 99 Arisaka, MAS 36, and 91/41 Carcano.
Round it out with a Finn Mosin, Czech Mauser, FN Mauser, Turkish Mauser, and an M38 Mosin, and you're in business!

#6 ·
Now you can start on the K98k, Garand, No 4 Mk2 Lee-Enfield, 91/30 Mosin, Type 99 Arisaka, MAS 36, and 91/41 Carcano.
Round it out with a Finn Mosin, Czech Mauser, FN Mauser, Turkish Mauser, and an M38 Mosin, and you're in business!
It never ends!!! but what fun would it be if it did...

Reactions: Think1st and ajole
#4 ·
Acquired a 1903 Springfield back in September for what I thought was a good deal:
Who cares what you think? Fess up and we'll be the judge.

#5 ·
ajole it is the Yugo Mauser, should have said WW2-ish cause the Mosin is post war too.

cicpup it was $1,300, which was several hundred lower than I had been seeing online when I could find them and my last gun buy for a long while. Of course my SIL latched onto a nice Garand for $800 and had to show me up. He go his from the CMP folks. The guy I got the 1903 from did throw in some ammo, some clips, and a nice canvas case.

Haven't checked prices on ammo lately but I hope it has come down a bit. 2 boxes is like sending $100 down range.

#7 ·
cicpup it was $1,300, which was several hundred lower than I had been seeing online
Whoof....and THAT is why I collect .22's!;)

My most expensive WW2 era gun was the $500 Garand. Most were under $200. Ahhhh....the good old days.:cry:

#8 ·
My WWII bolt action battle rifle burnt up in the great fire of ‘99. You are still missing a few. Other than the ones @ajole mentioned, you need:
  1. Berthier (8mm Lebel 🇫🇷)
  2. Krag Jorgensen M1894 (6.5x55 🇳🇴)
  3. Karabinek M29 (8x57 🇵🇱)
of course there is the British MKIV and MKV and a spattering of others that were issued in small numbers. But I think between you, Al, and I we just about have it.

#9 ·
That's a nice start Dubar. I have most of those mentioned and in duplicate for some. The Swedish K31 straight pull back is a super one.
Mine even came with the previous owners address etc. in the butt plate. Look into a C&R. It's worth it. Not quite the buys of 20 30 yrs ago though.

#21 ·
That's a nice start Dubar. I have most of those mentioned and in duplicate for some. The Swedish K31 straight pull back is a super one.
Mine even came with the previous owners address etc. in the butt plate. Look into a C&R. It's worth it. Not quite the buys of 20 30 yrs ago though.
That's a very rare and valuable bird indeed! 6.5x55mm or 8x63mm?

#11 ·
@Dubar

That's an enviable collection of WWII-era rifles, but it seems that you're missing what should be the easiest one to get--a 91/30. That was way more prevalent than the M44 you have and would very much enjoy a place in that family of yours.
I have about 5 of em of different varieties. And the .22 trainer. There are so many to collect it'll make yer head spin. I've got Mauser's,Enfield's and such. I got them when the gettin was still good and starting to run out. 20 or more yrs ago. $$$$$$!!!

#16 ·
Used to be $49 out of a barrel at the local department store. I had a collection of souvenired rifles. They were a few dollars more, but not much. I wish I still had them today.

Reactions: ajole and moona11
#17 ·
My 91/30’s were $89. The store even had the cosmoline cleaned out of them. I have two war year Izzies, and an older 1931 Tula hex that can shoot pretty nice groups. Thinking back, that one may have been $99, I got it a year or two after the others.

#20 ·
Very nice.

Now, you need to get ahold of the "scaled accurate" collection of the Mosin 91/30, M38, the pistol and the Springfield 1903A1 models in 22LR, from Keystone Arms that they have come out with. They are a bit pricey though.

#25 ·
Thanks! I only wish my Carcano and Arisaka looked that good.
I was out on the 100yd range this past Wednesday shooting my Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine and Pietta PPSH-41/22 when I guy came up with his 1903. He rolled out his mat, loaded up and proceeded to pepper the target in a prone position. Out of maybe 50rnds he had 1 "flyer" that was no more than 4" out of the black. Pretty impressive stuff.

#26 ·
Our daughter likes Japanese weapons of all sorts, so a number of years ago, I bought her a Type 99 (1941 Nagoya manufacture), complete with the Mum/anti-aircraft sights/monopod thingy. Metal and wood was in very good shape....no import marks. I bought it off of an older guy I knew well, from his private collection. She loves the thing, and we have shot some Norma 7.7x58mm through it, then I gave it a good cleaning. She keeps it in her gun safe, well lubed. It really is a great rifle, except for the short LOP. Man, those Japanese soldiers must have been small!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.