Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone us the HP .45 as their conceal carry?

I'm looking for a comfortable conceal holster for the .45 - wondering what others were using.

·
Registered
591 Posts
forget the holster, how the heck do you intend to conceal a cordless drill?

·
Registered
296 Posts
forget the holster, how the heck do you intend to conceal a cordless drill?
I know it doesn't help the OP, but I just had to bust out laughing at the analogy. Heck, I've got cordless drills that are smaller than my JHP. Maybe thats not a bad idea, slip a Jacobson chuck in the barrel and call the mag a battery pack. Then go open carry.....

Sorry, CO Plinker, but i certainly don't have an answer. I guess it depends on the body type. Lots of people get away with full size .45's as their carry peice, but I find it hard enough not to print with a small PA-63, much less anything as big as the JHP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow this forum has changed - used to be you could get a straight answer when you asked a question.

I do conceal a full size pistol without any problem. My 70 year old father has the HP45 and wants to conceal it under a jacket. I'm not going to tell him to get a smaller gun because he wont... He loves the HP45 huge hog leg.
I'm thinking that the undr the arm holster would be the only option, but like a fool I decided to ask the forum that had given me so many answers in the past.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Though I am not a fan at all, there is always the option of using a fanny pack or some other external bag.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow this forum has changed - used to be you could get a straight answer when you asked a question.

I do conceal a full size pistol without any problem. My 70 year old father has the HP45 and wants to conceal it under a jacket. I'm not going to tell him to get a smaller gun because he wont... He loves the HP45 huge hog leg.
I'm thinking that the undr the arm holster would be the only option, but like a fool I decided to ask the forum that had given me so many answers in the past.
Sorry, CO, if either Digger or I ruffeled your feathers, that was not the intent, just some good clean fun ( and thats getting harder and harder to come by now days ). I thought I was clear enough in the second part of my reply, that I had no idea of a concealment option. But you may be right, if you live in an area where a coat, light jacket or vest would not be uncomfortable, a shoulder rig might be just the thing. So, don't fault the whole forum, for a couple of cut-ups. Sometimes it's just the nature of the beast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everybody for their replies.

I agree that the HP45 is a big old lug, but then I have seen some large pistols concealed quite well (shoulder holsters).

I think many factors play into how you will conceal the gun - such as temp outside, type of place you will be going to, and activity you will be doing.
I personaly like outside the belt holsters and a longer jacket. This set up seems to work for me. Then again I do not carry the HP45. Of course this set up would not be a good choice if the weather is very hot and you plan on wearing shorts and a tanktop - then I like the small of the back - its a bit slower draw, but functional.

Thanks again for all the input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts