Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't a Hi Point topic, but I'd like some guidance.

I carry a shoulder bag for my daily projects and usually an ASUS mini computer. In the back side is a pocket that exactly fits a Kel Tec PF9 and an extra magazine for it and my BUG. I also carry a Kel Tec P3AT in my pocket, as a BUG.

City universities are never in the best parts of town. Is this overkill?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
City universities are never in the best parts of town.
If you mean university as in an institute of higher education, I'm surprised that they haven't been declared "gun free" zones like they have been here. Which would make you a law breaker for carrying there. Not saying you're wrong to want to protect yourself, just wondering.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Make sure that you can legally carry on campus. In TN you cannot carry on any school property.

As for overkill? Remember the motto, "2 is 1, and 1 is none." In other words, if you carry one gun and it fails, your screwed. If you carry two and one fails, then you still have one to go. I'm hitting the gun show tomorrow at the TN State Fairgrounds to pick up a new bug, hopefully a .357mag revolver.

Currently I carry a spare mag for my C9, as it's my only gun right now. I probably still will carry the mag even after I get a new bug because it's not an inconvenience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you mean university as in an institute of higher education, I'm surprised that they haven't been declared "gun free" zones like they have been here. Which would make you a law breaker for carrying there. Not saying you're wrong to want to protect yourself, just wondering.
That's why it's called concealed carry.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Everything you write on the net stays there for ever. It will be found if you are ever prosecuted for a crime.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
The Missouri LTC does NOT give you the right to break the law. Concealed carry or not you still cannot carry on a college campus.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Is the Asus an eee with 1G Ram?
Just kidding.... Like the above, CCW at any of the schools including Universities is a definite no go here. Some Universities won't even allow a weapon to even be stored in the car without filing an exception.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Got to watch those laws or they'll bite yo hiney bad.
My primary is a Sarsilmaz Hancer 9mm.
My bug is a Beretta model 70 in 32 auto.
Be prepared.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
We had one of these a few days ago and some disagreed with me.

But, I'll state again cause I believe it: It is NEVER a good idea to talk about knowingly breaking the law, whether you agree with said law or not. That's why we have laws. Want different laws? Elect different people.

Like it or not, this post is evidence. That's as clear as I can make it.

I'll reco it gets deleted - and go back in my hole.

**** as a side note - the question could have easily been asked without ANY reference to the law, etc. I'm not sure why the carrot was hung out there in the first place. We may all agree with where to carry. But the umpire has ruled in this case. ****

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So sorry. I didn't know I was breaking the law by asking a question about protecting myself in a bad part of town. Now I know. Thanks. Back to lurking, I guess.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Moshoot,
Really dont't know how to take your response, one would have think others feel the same way by the lack of replies to your last post. I can only speak for myself when I say, I wasn't hammering you, only trying to keep a fellow legal gun owner out of trouble. Ignorance of the law will get you in as much trouble as willful intent. Obviously their are a lot bad people out there who don't give a damn about the law or else we would not have an evening news. It's in your hands now, weigh your opitions and do what is your best interest. Right or wrong, we all have to account for our own actions.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
117 Posts
maybe you should look into a taser to carry while on campus. I dont think you'd be breaking the law with a taser (not 100% sure)

·
Registered
109 Posts
ND has a bill to loosen ccw law. Want to make it legal to carry on campus just not in dorms. All other areas ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am not certain that carrying on a university or college is illegal in Missouri. I believe the worst that could happen is that they would have to ask you to leave if they discovered you carrying. If they did ask and you didn't, and they called an LEO, you could get fined, but it is not a crime and after a few infractions you could lose your CCW. That is my understanding of the legal aspect in MO. However, as part of your agreement and compliance with rules of the college/university, you could be expelled, I would imagine.

Holding a CCW in Mo does not authorize a person to carry a concealed weapon in to any school. It is not a criminal offense, but the CCW holder carrying concealed may be subject to denial of entry or removal. The Mo statutes are crafted very favorably towards CCW. This applies to many areas and locations that some think are illegal to carry, including churches. I see a couple of my fellow Missiorians on here with whom I disagree. At issue I think, is don't rely on what others say, including me, but study the state statutes. And, certainly don't rely on what others from other states opine. Missourishooter, I don't think you are breaking a law or doing anything illegal, but I bet you are violating some campus rule.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts