Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
from someone else who is waiting on theirs, congratulations and good luck.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
it must suck to have to sit and wait. i walked into the sherriffs ofice, handed him 10$ and the app and walked out with a permit 10 mintes later. 8 of which were spent visiting with him because i was budies with his son in school. i loce South Dakota

SW

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They say that it'll take a week to get a response back. A friend of mine just got his in the mail a few days ago. I just hope they don't reject me. I don't think they have any reason to, but our sheriff is a real douche.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
hmm. just looked of of the 34 'shall issue' states, y'all are the only one with the proper legal language that gives AL to be considered a 'may issue' state as well.
Unless you have some sort of blemish on your record in the past, you should be ok. best of luck

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I got mine last month. I live in Utah and you have to take a class for CCL and be fingerprinted and pass a FBI background check. I took the class in April. Cost $25 for that. Sent my paperwork in. Cost $65 for that and you need a passport photo as well. I had to wait 60 days for my permit. It is good for 5 years and when I buy a gun I don't have to pay the background check fee. Is it the same in your state's?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Good luck and (hopefully) congratulations!

·
1,792 Posts
happy waiting bro. Oh and good luck.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the support guys. Here it just costs $10, and only if you get approved. It doesn't cost anything to apply. The only blemish on my record is a speeding ticket that I got when I was 17, I dunno if that counts or not though since I was a minor. I listed it anyway.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Grrr, the fact that Wisconsin doesn't allow ANY concealed cary really gets under my skin!

Good luck to you though buddy!

·
Registered
831 Posts
They do at that, but I've read several reports of local police harrasing the heck out of people who decide to open carry. I wish I had the links to the postings I read on that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good luck man. I'm going to in Sept or Oct depending on how soon I can get into a class. Again best of luck to you.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Got mine Wednesday...took about 6 weeks to come in the mail (TN).
then you appear to be the exception, not teh rule. on teh Tennessee gun owners forum, consensus seems to be averaging 2/3 months

1 - 20 of 32 Posts