concealed carry

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by sdbrit68, Jan 24, 2015.

1. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

So, on different firearms forums, I still see people say the hipoint c9 is too big, bulky and heavy to carry concealed.

Well for the record, after dropping 15 pounds, I am down to 155lb, not exactly a big guy, in these pictures, I am wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, so no special clothing.

And my good holster broke the other night so the holster I am using is a crappy walmart one, I think concealed works just fine, the weight does take a few hours to get used too, I will give them that

Attached Files:

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I'm 5'2 and 160 on a good day. I carry the C9 almost daily. Definitely need a good belt is a must

3. harcdaddy

harcdaddy Member

You can carry it but there are definitely better options.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. Depends on one's budget. In the same price range he could get a Cobra, or a Jimenez, but neither one is in the same class as Hi Point for accuracy and holding up to the 9mm pounding.

The Cobra Patriot is not in the same price range. The lower priced Cobras are mostly 380. The Jimenez 9mm is just as heavy as a high point, and just as bulky.

5. sdbrit68

For me, its not a budget issue, I also have CPX 2 which is smaller and lighter. But while I am in Arizona and can carry without a license, I wanted to see how comfortable it would be, since in Commiefornia its harder.

Overall, just a little bit of getting used to it, I would forget it was there

6. I carried a 1911 for years concealed, and it is heavier than the Hi Point. I probably weighed around 175 pounds then.

7. sdbrit68

I have never been able to carry concealed, since it was an open option on my visit to Arizona, and since I knew my old hood was not that great a place.

It was something to do a reality check on my own behavior carrying a gun, versus not........or if I felt comfortable.

Some may say that is stupid, but, I needed to check my self

8. tim

tim Member

No, I don't carry a Hi Point, but I posted this before. This is my Outbags IWB leather holster that doubles for my S&W SD9 & my Glock 19. The C9 or 380 will fit & being leather, will mold to it after some use. It was only like $24 on EBay & it's really good quality. I also have 2 others for other pistols, so I really like them

Attached Files:

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. sdbrit68

I ma really surprised how much it disappeared

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yeah. It could just be a fat wallet. Not that most people would notice if I had a rabid weasel stuffed into my front pocket, poking his nose out and nipping at passers-by. :rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Nah... you need a skunk that sprays passersby.... :p

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SUVd0LG6qw[/ame]

13. tomwlkr

tomwlkr Member

I even find my XDs pulls at my pants

14. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

I felt like my C9 was heavier and thicker than I would be comfortable carrying. I bought a S & W sd9ve to carry and traded my C9 to my neighbor. It is almost exactly the size and weight of a Glock 19. It carries very well with a good IWB holster. I think I will get a Taurus TCP series when they go on sale again for $179. It weighs 10.2 oz.

15. TopGas

TopGas Member

Pretty much the way I think RE: HiPoint pistols for CC. I have holsters that are decent for CCing my C-9 & CF-380 when the climate supports wearing bulkier outer garments. Since I have a Taurus TCP, I don't usually think about carrying the HiPoints. The C-9 lives mostly in the truck and the CF-380 is strategically placed in the house.

$179 would be a decent price for a TCP. I've seen ads for less on-line but not always sure if S&H is included. I paid a bit more but I'm happy with it.
    TG