Concealed Carry?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by xratic, Nov 21, 2017.

1. xratic

xratic Active Member

Is there a Hi Point pistol (preferably 9mm) that's actually suited and designed for concealed carry? All the research I've done really doesn't address it or critics simply dismiss the idea. None of the descriptions of the various Hi Point models seem to mention it specifically either.
    I already carry a S&W 9mm PC Shield w/laser/light, but I love my 995ts so much, I'd like to maybe purchase a Hi Point pistol too.
    Does anybody "carry" one on a regular basis? Yea or nay?

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well, define "suited and designed" for CC. The C9 fits some definitions of a "Compact" design, particularly when compared to the pre-21st Century designs. There have been some here on HPFF who have CC'd the C9 with reported success. Most of us here will tell you that you can conceal carry a C9 but that there are many other alternatives with more features, greater magazine capacity, lighter weight, smaller form factor, or any combination of all of those. Your S&W Shield is an example of that. More features, smaller, and lighter.

If you like the C9 and want to carry it, I don't really see a reason why you shouldn't, particularly if it was your only pistol or if your other pistols were larger.

That said, many years ago, Hi Point back-channeled to an HPFF member that they were "working on" a design specific for concealed carry but no details other than that. As of today we have heard nothing more about it and I assume that the project was shelved or abandoned.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

TNTRAILERTRASH and xratic like this.

3. xratic

xratic Active Member

Thanks, Kirk.
    I've been looking at the C9. I may just take the leap and buy it, just for the fun and "prestige" of owning more than one Hi Point!

4. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

Texas
    A c9 can be a cc gun. It's not really that heavy, but the shape is somewhat bulky.
    [​IMG]

xratic likes this.
  5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well, in the grand scheme of things my ex-wife wasn't very heavy either, but I sure as hell wasn't lugging her big ass around on my hip all day.

OldOutlaw, Dave4903, rtm and 2 others like this.
  6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

She might be more deadly than a firearm, however.

...to everyone involved. ;)

Peace favor yours sword,
    Kirk

Galloway6, rtm, xratic and 2 others like this.
  7. tkd_fan

tkd_fan Member

I only own the C9 (well that and my wife's .22). When I carry--since I can't carry at work--I use the rig in the pic above. The Alien Gear holster works great for it. I also use a belly band holster for when I'm not wearing a belt (athletic pants or shorts). I have no complaints.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

My CZ 82 is considered by many to be a decent carry gun...it weighs more loaded than the C9 loaded. But it's thinner in the slide and carries 12+1.

TNTRAILERTRASH and lklawson like this.
  9. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

With a lil ingenuity you conceal anything. Except a rifle. That's just ridiculous. ;)

10. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

You sure? :D

Just picked up a music case 18x9x3 and my AR fits in it beautifully. Soooo unassuming.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

IMG_4767.JPG IMG_4769.JPG

12. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

Ahhh...figured the pic thing out.... IMG_1783.JPG

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

I know. You were a good excuse to post it so I can look cool to the newbs.

histed likes this.
  14. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

Should've said "on your body". So stick the case down your pants and you've got it.

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Even then, he's got to get in to the case and assemble the rifle.

2012gt likes this.
  16. FistSlammer

FistSlammer Member

Getting my concealed carry next week. Plan on carrying my C9 as my EDC. All i have at the moment. Have my holster ready. Not that heavy of a gun to carry with no hoslter in basketball shorts

17. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

I could never get away with that. Your shorts must have one heckuva waistband.

18. FistSlammer

FistSlammer Member

Tie the drawstrings tight. And you are good to go. Wouldn't play basketball like that tho

19. FistSlammer

FistSlammer Member

Tie the drawstrings tight. And you are good to go. Wouldn't play basketball like that tho