Concealed Carry?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by xratic, Nov 21, 2017.

1. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Well-Known Member

My wife's C-9 is very concealable. Of course she uses a fanny pack that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

MY CC is a SCCY GTX2. Hides pretty good. The two Hi-Point pistols I own are just too bulky.

xratic likes this.
  2. xratic

xratic Active Member

The "print" doesn't cause others to ask if you're glad to see them? :oops:

3. FistSlammer

FistSlammer Member

Im just glad to see everyone

4. xratic

xratic Active Member

My CC is an M&P PC Shield 9mm. The SCCY GTX2 is nice too, but far more expensive than the C9. I was trying to confirm what I'd thought about the Hi Point C9. Still might get one just for the fun and "prestige" of it.

5. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

29 ounces. That's pretty heavy. In a holster it'd be fine. Stuck in basketball shorts? I hope you're wearing underwear.

6. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

You mean the CPX-2? Buds has it for $188.

xratic likes this.
  7. xratic

xratic Active Member

On another note, has anyone ever used a Red Ball 20 round magazine in a C9? I've seen pics, but have never heard of anyone trying it. THAT may be the deal sealer for me in buying one. Looks like it would be fun shooting, but any known problems or FTFs from someone who knows?

8. shubbell

shubbell Member

Carbine just fine in the bag. 2015-09-19 14.24.45.jpg

9. shubbell

shubbell Member

My bro carries a C9 all the time.

10. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

Don't have a c9 but they work great in my 995. One was perfect out of the box, the other did like the one in the video. First couple would nose down and the other 18 would work just fine. I left the "faulty" one loaded a couple of weeks and it has been fine since.

11. tular7

tular7 Supporting Member

Carrying a HP 9mm concealed can be tricky. It is a heavy weapon compared to other 9mm's. A gun snob will laugh at you and tell you things that you really don't want to hear but when compared to reliability, functionality, and price. Well, lets just say the only negative thing I might say about a HP is the weight. Other than that I carry the 9mm for my daily ccw. I own all of HP firearms with the exception of the 40. cal carbine and the .40 cal pistol. I also own other firearms such as SCCY, Barretta and Taurus pistols. Each one has its own unique personality or quirks as one might say. I have said before and will say it again. Any weapon of choice can be deadly and accurate. From a $1000 dollar or more in costs that a gun snob would choose just because it looks fancy and has that name that everyone thinks is the best to the least expensive. The trick is whatever weapon you choose you must become an expert with it. Practice, Practice and Practice with it. know your weapon inside and out. Become so familiar with it that is becomes an extension of your own body. When you do this and become better, more confident in handling and operating your weapon, and accurate with your weapon all I can say is that when you are challenged by a gun snob just ask him if he would like to go the range and compare target for target. Oh, and the money you have save on a HP, you will be able to buy a whole lot more ammo to practice with. After all spending $200 on a weapon vs $1000 dollars can buy you a lot of practice ammo.

xratic and OldOutlaw like this.
  12. These guys are stupid bOZos. #1 a carbine mag isn't supposed to fit the C9, and Vice a Versa. It's obvious these FuknuTz don't know guns, and damn sure don't know Hi-Points. o_O:rolleyes:

13. From HP. net
    "Product ID HP-995C-001
    995 Carbine 10 Round Magazine
    • FREE SHIPPING (STANDARD)
    • THIS MAGAZINE WILL NOT WORK IN THE 9MM HANDGUN"
    • Is it just me, or does the smaller guy sound like aL fRanKen?
    [​IMG]

14. Product ID HP-995C-001
    995 Carbine 10 Round Magazine
    • FREE SHIPPING (STANDARD)
    • THIS MAGAZINE WILL NOT WORK IN THE 9MM HANDGUN
    • Product ID RB995A001
      20 Round Magazine Red Ball NEW!!
      20 Round Hi-Point Approved THIS MAGAZINE WILL NOT WORK IN THE 9MM HANDGUN OR THE .3895 CARBINE

Twisty and xratic like this.
  15. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I really like my CZ82's and the Bulgarian Makarovs for CC. The 9x18 caliber is not to shabby if you use good Defense ammo in one. Wife and I like the 12+1 the CZ has.

16. xratic

xratic Active Member

Thanks! You've answered my other question.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  17. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

Except it does fit. It hangs down and looks stupid but it fits and functions. There are more than a few videos of the c9 running a redball. Whether it can cause the same damage to the c9 that the 15rd promag supposedly does to the 995, I don't know.

lklawson likes this.
  18. It wiggles too much. It won't damage the gun. In a SHTF situation count on it malfunctioning. I have tried it, and the 15rd ProMag. I own 2 C9's only shot one.