Concealed

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by neilymon, Nov 13, 2015.

1. neilymon

neilymon Member

Has Hi Point considered a concealed 380. I love mine but is too bulky for concealed.
    Thanks

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

We don't know for sure.

Several years back, a forum member had some inside-track information that HP was working on a concealed carry type firearm but, to date, nothing has ever come of it.

Further, recently, a detail from an old interview with Deeb (ims) came to light in which he admits to designing a "saturday night special" type .22LR handgun. The two things might be related.

If HP were to produce a CC 380, I suspect it would be very similar in many regards to the recent Cobra Denali handgun, which has gotten more-or-less positive reviews for being a simple blowback poly frame .380 pocket gun from a ring-of-fire lineage company (ims).

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Maybe noe that Deebs is on his own we'll see some of these "secret projects".

Speaking of that, has anyone heard ANYTHING more about the goings on with him?

4. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Two things.

I have been conceal carrying my C9 for almost 3 years. It is the same size/weight as the .380. I have to disagree with your opinion that it is
    "too bulky for conceal carry". With that being said, I did just buy a S&W Shield becuase I wanted a "better" carry gun. But with a big shirt, a good belt and a good holster, you can conceal carry a C9 or .380. But you're the one who has to carry it, so if you think you can't, that's all that matters.

For the second thing, I HOPE that if Hi Point makes a smaller gun better suited for carry, I really HOPE it's 9mm and not .380, or both, like they have the C9 and .380. I personally don't see any advantage or reason to make it in .380 only. Perhaps some of you that are far more knowledgeable than I could.

5. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

Is this what you are looking for? Smaller than a Kahr P380; but, notice the hugeness of the slide.:D

It doesn't exist.;)

Attached Files:

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, I hope it's a re-roll of the Intratec CAT-9.

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. tallbump

That thing makes a Hi Point look like a Kimber custom

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I know. That's one of the reasons I love it. :)

Another reason is that it is based on a design by famed Israeli gun designer Nehemiah Sirkis, his SD9, which was a marvel of simplicity and reduced production cost design. The SD9 slide was partially stamped & welded sheet steel, with a breach-block (and barrel obviously) of machined steel.

I don't know if the CAT-9 slide was machined or stamped/welded, but the design is really neat and deserves a second (third?) go. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. tallbump

I did read a little about it, it is intriguing.

And although it isn't necessarily aesthetically appeasing, I am not saying I don't like it LOL

one thing I didn't find is what they sold for new

10. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

The Grendel R-31 .22 Magnum Carbine sells for about $1500 NIB...

This belongs in kirk's ray gun arsenal.

eldar

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The SD9 sold for around $350 1980's dollars, ims. Pretty big money at the time for a blow-back operated concealable 9mm with a stamped-welded slide.

I suspect that the CAT-9 sold for a good deal less, but I'll see if I can dig it up.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

CAT-9, CAT-380, and for you 45 guys (you know who you are!) the CAT-45.

I get a giggle out of linking this image from the VPC

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The Sirkis SD-9

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member