Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to in AL your CCW license was a sheet of paper about 4"x6" that was handwritten and didn't have a picture or anything on it. It was flimsy paper and the ink smeared easily. I had to make some copies of mine trying to reduce it to a decent size so I could laminate it and put it in my wallet. Also, when I carried on my bike or something I had to carry a driver's license and my CCW paper because the CCW paper didn't have any photo ID on it. Sure it was a minor inconvenience, but I shouldn't have had to deal with it. I went to renew mine yesterday and they printed me off a nice shiny plastic card with a photo ID on it (they even took my picture with a US flag as the backdrop) and all the information that they'd need to confirm that you are who you say you are.

Good job, AL, for doing something logical. For those of you who live here, you know that logic is something that very rarely appears in anything relating to our government.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish it were possible to get a piece of smudgy inked paper here, in IL CCW isnt available.
Failstate fails.

What town in NW Alabama are you in. I live in Guin.
I'm in Florence, just up 43 from where you are. I've been down there close to where you live several times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts