Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
All these politicians run their mouths these days about "guns this, guns that". I gotta be honest, I really can't see the government being so dumb as to disarm the American people.

Folks we are living post 911 now. The government cannot afford to disarm its citizens. The big shots in Washington know this. Our military is already stretched thin, and they're using backdoor drafts to keep the troop numbers up.

One of the most important parts of the 2nd amend affords us the ability to take up arms to form well organized and regulated militias should the need arise for the citizens of this nation to take arms to defend their country. Yes, I agree with another poster in that the day the government here strips its citizens of the 2nd amendment you'd bet your backside there'd be civil war here. No way would the people accept such a thing without a fight.

Like I said, this is a post 911 country now. We cannot allow these politicians with their own personal agendas to mess with the 2nd amendment. It's funny really.., we as a people have the ability and rite to overthrow our own government should we feel the need. If they try to take our guns from us man oh man could you imagine how quickly the nation would unite against the government on this issue?

Before 911 there were a good number of people who were saying "guns are bad", but have now changed their minds since the 911 attacks. We need the 2nd amendment. Reality is this...., another attack is coming. We know it, the government knows it. The probability of the fighting hitting our own streets is highly likely. It's not a question of if, but when. The day it does come down to fighting in our streets, man what a glorious site it will be when we as American's stand up, take arms and rid our nation of the trash. I'll be right there with my Saiga .223 :)

All these politicians run their mouths these days about "guns this, guns that". I gotta be honest, I really can't see the government being so dumb as to disarm the American people.

Folks we are living post 911 now. The government cannot afford to disarm its citizens. The big shots in Washington know this. Our military is already stretched thin, and they're using backdoor drafts to keep the troop numbers up.

One of the most important parts of the 2nd amend affords us the ability to take up arms to form well organized and regulated militias should the need arise for the citizens of this nation to take arms to defend their country. Yes, I agree with another poster in that the day the government here strips its citizens of the 2nd amendment you'd bet your backside there'd be civil war here. No way would the people accept such a thing without a fight.

Like I said, this is a post 911 country now. We cannot allow these politicians with their own personal agendas to mess with the 2nd amendment. It's funny really.., we as a people have the ability and rite to overthrow our own government should we feel the need. If they try to take our guns from us man oh man could you imagine how quickly the nation would unite against the government on this issue?

Before 911 there were a good number of people who were saying "guns are bad", but have now changed their minds since the 911 attacks. We need the 2nd amendment. Reality is this...., another attack is coming. We know it, the government knows it. The probability of the fighting hitting our own streets is highly likely. It's not a question of if, but when. The day it does come down to fighting in our streets, man what a glorious site it will be when we as American's stand up, take arms and rid our nation of the trash. I'll be right there with my Saiga .223 :)
squeak if I thought the government was smart enough to realize that your obvious statement should make sense to a 2 year old, I would not worry about it.

Unfortunately I have my doubts that they are collectively that smart :(

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Well they better not try and disarm us without arming themselves first :) I hate to say it, but the day the government in this country disarms its citizens will be one of violence.

American citizens will fight to keep their firearms. Taking away something that has been in place for so long, (and is a rite given to us by the founders FOR A REASON) would be one of the worst mistakes our government could make. Let the day come that we have to take fighting to the streets to defend this nation, and the US citizens can't defend themselves. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that one of the reasons our streets aren't a war zone is because "we're armed", and will use our 2nd amendment rite to take out any terroist who threatens our land, or homes, our very freedoms which we are all so proud of. It's these freemdoms that make us AMERICA.

If they took our guns they'd just as well be handing our streets over to anyone who wishes to take it from us. Those who hate this country wouldn't think twice about attacking us then because they'd know we couldn't defend ourselves. I just really can't see this happening. Not since the horrific events of 911. That day couldn't be a more perfect example of why the 2nd amendment should be left alone!

I really can't see the government being so dumb as to disarm the American people.
take a look at the D.C. vs. Heller case, and maybe then you'll see it, or if that doesnt do it just look at the various anti- gun bills introduced after 9/11

Folks we are living post 911 now. The government cannot afford to disarm its citizens. The big shots in Washington know this.
what was the first thing that the gov't did in New Orleans after Katrina? they confiscated guns. Do you really think that as soon as a national "state of emergency" may be declared, that the first thing on the agenda wouldn't be gun confiscation?

One of the most important parts of the 2nd amend affords us the ability to take up arms to form well organized and regulated militias should the need arise for the citizens of this nation to take arms to defend their country.
now we're getting to the core of the matter. while I know that that is what the 2nd ammendment is there for, and you do, Washington has continually tried to imply that the meaning of teh 2nd ammendment is somehing completely different. that is why, unlike many, I oppose automatic weapons bans. honestly, if the day ever came that we actually had to use teh 2nd ammendment for its intended purpose taht we'd even make a dent in an invading army with hunting rifles and pistols? no, we'd need some hardcore firepower. firepower like we aint allowed to have.

Yes, I agree with another poster in that the day the government here strips its citizens of the 2nd amendment you'd bet your backside there'd be civil war here. No way would the people accept such a thing without a fight.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. the Ameican peole have had a track record throughout the 20th century of accepting anything and everything the government has said, without question, all in the name of "patriotic duty"

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Yes america has transformed into ''soccer moms'' . No offence to the ladies.

Is there a hot movement now for removing guns from our homes ?

A friend asked me today if I had heard about it and I haven't, but he said we would know by the end of the year.
It's probably about this.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-02-26-guns-cover_N.htm

Join the NRA.
After reading that report, they did bring up some VERY good points:

-We have a conservative court, which plays well to the arguements coming up. The report stated from an analyst that the odds are in favour of an endorsement vote for personal rights from at least 5 judges, which is a strong showing by just the numbers alone.

-Both Obama and Clinton have taken the moderate approach even being quoted in January saying that individuals "Have a right to bear arms". This is a major point, showing a moderate compromise from her previous stance in 2000 during her run for the New York Senate seat. Both canidates know that people don't vote amongst party lines solely anymore. Of course, McCain has endorsed the right to bear arms and has been quoted as such.

-Even the poll conduced by USA Today stated that 73% of all average Adult Americans state the Amendment states that the right to bear arms applies to it's citizens and not the millita. Even 63% of NON gun owners acknowledge this, as opposed to only 28% of non-gun owners stating that it's only a "millita's" right.

With those facts, it shows that there is still ALOT of confidence in the right to bear arms and OUR right to keep the Amendment. Also, if the pundits are right and the judgement affects the way gun laws are regarded by lawmakers on the Federal level, what could be a major scare for us right now could potentially turn into a huge leap for the rights of the citizen and perhaps a repeal of some of these draconian laws that regions such as DC and California now suffer under.

McCain still doesn't support the AWB, he is probably the most gun-friendly candidate besides libertarian minded Ron Paul! the only bad thing about McCain is that he wants to keep my fellow service members in Iraq...and sent people like me over....

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Oh we must outlaw cars as I have heard of a lot more people being killed and mamed by them vs firearms LMAO

McCain still doesn't support the AWB, he is probably the most gun-friendly candidate besides libertarian minded Ron Paul! the only bad thing about McCain is that he wants to keep my fellow service members in Iraq...and sent people like me over....
Could you please document your information? McCain said, as I have cited about, that he would consider signing a AWB. If he is president, then it doesn't matter if he won't support it. He will still consider signing it. That is the problem.

If McCain is so gun friendly as you claim, why is he given a C by the NRA??? Could you please research this an tell me how and why McCain wants to do away with cheap guns which would include Hi-Point???

McCain has plenty of other bad things about him besides what you are trying to claim, and I am simply referring to gun rights.

Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, and Fred Thompson all took higher stands on the 2nd Amendment than John McCain ever dreamed.

Allot will agree(including me) McNasty is not the best conservative choice, but we will be back to voting for the less of two evils. Schnitt http://www.schnittshow.com/whichstation.html?pass=/main.html , had pointed out that at least ,hopefully McCain would appoint conservative judges.

Join the NRA.
As a free American, we never have to vote for, approve, or participate with evil. All evil is evil. There is no better evil than the next. Just my opinion.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
+1..., I agree with you Digger44. It's odd to find support for this guy on a HP forum considering he does want to do away with companies like HP. It would seem that McCain is a freaking gun snob himself and probably has never fired a HP. Too many people like McCain in high gov't positions are under the impression that a well built and reliable firearm has to cost $500 or more! McCain is not a friend to gun owners IMO.

Squeak

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.