Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
McCain isn't my favorite choice, by far. I wanted Thompson or Huckabee.
But if Clinton or Obama gets elected you can say goodbye to all of your guns, not just hi-points. Like someone said before....this election looks like it's going to have to be the lesser of two evils

McCain isn't my favorite choice, by far. I wanted Thompson or Huckabee.
But if Clinton or Obama gets elected you can say goodbye to all of your guns, not just hi-points. Like someone said before....this election looks like it's going to have to be the lesser of two evils
My thoughts exactly. We cant write in "nobody" on the ballot and make things go away :)

Discussion starter · #44 ·
BUSHMAN FOR PRESIDENT!!
Lol, on a serious note: I dont think Huckabee has a chance against Hillary and Obama. And why would someone even think McCain would be a 2nd ammendment supporter?

Unfortunately McCain is the only hope that the gun world has.

We all know what would happen if Hillary or Obama get into office

Do we really know?? I've been doing research, and there are COUNTLESS statements where she has toned down her "Gun Retoric" WAY below what even most Republican senators are even saying. Obama has taken the same path over the past few years. I think alot of it is a desire to secure the moderate population and the recent emergence of a Democratic support on gun law challenges. They don't want to isolate a supporting body, and perhaps...JUST perhaps....they're beginning to see gun owners not as some threat to public safety, but as former and current solders, family men and women, working class guys and, yes, even other fellow senators.

There's alot of paranoia, but with the upcoming hearing on the definition of the 2nd amendment and the general concensus that the conservative court can and will favour with the legal gun owners by a large margin before the propositions are even read.

Yes, there are Democrats who stand a good chance at winning the seat, but I think....and you can quote me later if I'm wrong.... that it's totally up to the Supreme court to depend on how things pan out. Any incoming president will have FAR more public concerns to address, especially with the state of the economy and the worsening situation with energy costs, South America and the extension of the war in the Middle East.

And, when the economy is weak, gun laws have been shown to become more lax and less bills are proposed. Check it out...kind of interesting...

Discussion starter · #47 ·
i will have to agree with neo on this one. BUT with that being said i still dont trust ANY politician when it comes to the 2nd ammendment. they may lay low now but who knows what will happen when they get where they are going. if you throw all politicians (no matter what party they are) into one pile all you have is one big pile of s@#%. we are mushrooms people :wink:

Do we really know?? I've been doing research, and there are COUNTLESS statements where she has toned down her "Gun Retoric" WAY below what even most Republican senators are even saying. Obama has taken the same path over the past few years. I think alot of it is a desire to secure the moderate population and the recent emergence of a Democratic support on gun law challenges.
I would say so. most candidates choose to tone down their sentiments and practice the ancient art of political double speak when in the running for president. If either were to be elected ( or McCain for that matter) you all might as well say goodbye to your guns.. or at least those willing to surrender your guns had better get ready to say goodbye.

+1..., I agree with you Digger44. It's odd to find support for this guy on a HP forum considering he does want to do away with companies like HP. It would seem that McCain is a freaking gun snob himself and probably has never fired a HP. Too many people like McCain in high gov't positions are under the impression that a well built and reliable firearm has to cost $500 or more! McCain is not a friend to gun owners IMO.

Squeak
Thanks for your support, but I want to point out one thing. You cannot be a gun snob if you do not own a gun.

McCain's website lists how he supports the 2nd ammendment.
Riiiight.
Well moreso than Hillary or Obama anyhow.

They can all soften their stances but I trust none of them, what they say and what they will do are two different stories.

I wanted Fred Thompson or Mike Huckabee, oh well.

BTW. Did anyone see that there is new talk of an Obama/Hillary or Hillary/Obama dream ticket?
Now there's a thought that even frightens me.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
I was hoping one of the three would have won. I didn't even know McCain supported the second amendment.
Could someone please just tell me why someone on a Hi-Point forum wants to defend McCain when he wants to stop the production of Hi-Points???

Please someone enlighten me.[/quote] Congress passes gun laws. When someone challenges the law it ends up in the Supreme Court. The President nominates judges that have to be confirmed by congress. If a way left , anti- gun , liberal president only nominates way left, anti gun liberal minded judges and they get confirmed and become seated on the Supreme Court, then the decision will likely be against gun ownership. Therefore, with McCain being the most conservative of the candidates, in which hopefully he would nominate conservative judges, we have no choice but to vote for him. A vote for a third candidate party, will only be vote for the Demo crates.

Notice how the words "self defense" are omitted? " for the purposes of hunting and target shooting " from .Barack Obamacom "PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters own and use guns each year. Millions more participate
in a variety of shooting sports such as sporting clays, skeet, target and trap shooting that may not necessarily
involve hunting. As a former constitutional law professor, Barack Obama understands and believes in the
constitutional right of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding
Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns for the purposes of hunting and target shooting"

Because of the awareness of the people on this board and others like them across the country, I don't believe either party will allow wide spread gun laws to be passed into law. They all still remember what happened when the Dem's passed Clinton's assault weapon ban, they lost the white house and both houses of congress. We can't afford to let down our guard, but as long as we stay vigilant, then the worst will never happen.

Because of the awareness of the people on this board and others like them across the country, I don't believe either party will allow wide spread gun laws to be passed into law. They all still remember what happened when the Dem's passed Clinton's assault weapon ban, they lost the white house and both houses of congress. We can't afford to let down our guard, but as long as we stay vigilant, then the worst will never happen.
Very true^^! While HRC and BHO might both be willing to risk a massive new round of gun control-- and Senators are somewhat protected because only 1/3 are up for election each cycle, individual Democrats in the House well remember the shake up of the '90s due to the AWB. That doesn't mean there won't be anti-gun legislation if the dems get Congress and the Pres, but it will probably be incremental losses for freedom rather than sweeping control.

Vigilance must not be abandoned, and the fight must continue in the individual states for expanding CCW rights.

:wink:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.