Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Congress and Guns

5K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  NDS 
G
#1 ·
Is there a hot movement now for removing guns from our homes ?

A friend asked me today if I had heard about it and I haven't, but he said we would know by the end of the year.

#52 ·
G
#53 ·
I was hoping one of the three would have won. I didn't even know McCain supported the second amendment.
Could someone please just tell me why someone on a Hi-Point forum wants to defend McCain when he wants to stop the production of Hi-Points???

Please someone enlighten me.[/quote] Congress passes gun laws. When someone challenges the law it ends up in the Supreme Court. The President nominates judges that have to be confirmed by congress. If a way left , anti- gun , liberal president only nominates way left, anti gun liberal minded judges and they get confirmed and become seated on the Supreme Court, then the decision will likely be against gun ownership. Therefore, with McCain being the most conservative of the candidates, in which hopefully he would nominate conservative judges, we have no choice but to vote for him. A vote for a third candidate party, will only be vote for the Demo crates.

Notice how the words "self defense" are omitted? " for the purposes of hunting and target shooting " from .Barack Obamacom "PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters own and use guns each year. Millions more participate
in a variety of shooting sports such as sporting clays, skeet, target and trap shooting that may not necessarily
involve hunting. As a former constitutional law professor, Barack Obama understands and believes in the
constitutional right of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding
Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns for the purposes of hunting and target shooting"

#54 ·
Because of the awareness of the people on this board and others like them across the country, I don't believe either party will allow wide spread gun laws to be passed into law. They all still remember what happened when the Dem's passed Clinton's assault weapon ban, they lost the white house and both houses of congress. We can't afford to let down our guard, but as long as we stay vigilant, then the worst will never happen.

#55 ·
Because of the awareness of the people on this board and others like them across the country, I don't believe either party will allow wide spread gun laws to be passed into law. They all still remember what happened when the Dem's passed Clinton's assault weapon ban, they lost the white house and both houses of congress. We can't afford to let down our guard, but as long as we stay vigilant, then the worst will never happen.
Very true^^! While HRC and BHO might both be willing to risk a massive new round of gun control-- and Senators are somewhat protected because only 1/3 are up for election each cycle, individual Democrats in the House well remember the shake up of the '90s due to the AWB. That doesn't mean there won't be anti-gun legislation if the dems get Congress and the Pres, but it will probably be incremental losses for freedom rather than sweeping control.

Vigilance must not be abandoned, and the fight must continue in the individual states for expanding CCW rights.

:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.