Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've applied for my permit and am just awaiting its return, as Indiana is a shall issue state I should have no problems getting it, yay 2nd Amendment rights! And I'm only 19, Indiana is an awesome state to live in for firearm rights.

Anyways, I'm looking for an inexpensive pistol for carry, and I'll probably open carry a lot, but I also plan on carrying concealed, so size and what not is a factor.

I've looked heavily into makarovs, but I can't find them in my price range, which is around $150, though the closer to $100 the better.

And so now know I'm considering a C9, and just wanted peoples opinion on this firearm, their experience carrying it, would you carry it hot(one in the chamber) or not, etc.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
:welcome: I had a C9 for a little while, great shooter. But, I got tired of lugging it around on the hip, it got a little heavier than I wanted. It was tricky for me to conceal but others have had great success with it. I ended up getting a compact Glock that I don't even notice is on me, but that's just personal preference. For your price range, you can't go wrong with the C9, just be prepared to dress around your gun at some point when you conceal. Shoot lots of different brands to see what works best for you and the gun, don't want a sticky situation to get even stickier with unproven ammo. Good luck and be safe, you'll love the 9mm for sure!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I've applied for my permit and am just awaiting its return, as Indiana is a shall issue state I should have no problems getting it, yay 2nd Amendment rights! And I'm only 19, Indiana is an awesome state to live in for firearm rights.

Anyways, I'm looking for an inexpensive pistol for carry, and I'll probably open carry a lot, but I also plan on carrying concealed, so size and what not is a factor.

I've looked heavily into makarovs, but I can't find them in my price range, which is around $150, though the closer to $100 the better.

And so now know I'm considering a C9, and just wanted peoples opinion on this firearm, their experience carrying it, would you carry it hot(one in the chamber) or not, etc.
The c-9 is a brick! I would hate to carry that thing around daily. Mine stays in my glove compartment of my car. If I where you Id look into a lighter gun.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The c-9 is a brick! I would hate to carry that thing around daily. Mine stays in my glove compartment of my car. If I where you Id look into a lighter gun.
Such as? What else works for the price? My buddy had a Kel-Tec, I didn't like the way it held or shot, and his FTF once every 2 or 3 clips.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I use the Fobus Paddle Holster with the C9 and it really works well. The gun weight is more distributed with the paddle. It really makes carrying the C9 comfortable. It also makes the gun hug your body and the angle helps to conceal the weapon.

Ron

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I just starting CC my C9 in a kholster and I find it to be quite nice. I am 6' and 260 lbs so wieght doesn't bother me. I do need a better belt but I am happy with it so far. One of these days I will get a lighter gun but right now $ decides what I carry. I am happy with my C9. I tried to carry my JHP.45 and that ain't happening concealed!

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weight shouldn't be an issue, in Navy basic I carried a full size Beretta M9(92FS) on guard duty and what not, and it never bothered me.

The Kholster looks good, glad to hear it works good to. How is the fit for the C9? Do you have to shape the material, kytex or whatever it is, any?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Weight shouldn't be an issue, in Navy basic I carried a full size Beretta M9(92FS) on guard duty and what not, and it never bothered me.

The Kholster looks good, glad to hear it works good to. How is the fit for the C9? Do you have to shape the material, kytex or whatever it is, any?
The Kholster fit perfect on my C9. It looks as though its former over a C9 or a mock up of a C9 and the fit is near perfect. If you want a tighter or looser fit you can do that by reshaping a little of the kydex with a hair dryer. I might even be buying another Kholster to carry SOB so I have that option if needed.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

That's because the 92fs is lighter than the c-9. I own both myself and would rather carry the Beretta! I bet with the right belt and a good holster it wouldn't be bad. My experience is with a blackhawck concealed holster I had for my Taurus pt140. The c9 is too heavy for that holster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.