Contest at HPT!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ex_isp, Jun 3, 2015.

1. We are looking for your best story! Can be about camping, shooting, reloading (more on this in a minute),
    hunting (deer or dear, lol).

This contest will run till the end of this month. Prize for generic stories is $20 and a brick of .22 LR!!!
    If the story is reloading related, You'll get some brass out of the deal too!!! No specific caliber, but Amp and I will ship you a mixed lot of common brass. It'll be worth it!

Myself an a couple other mods are spotting the cash, and a super nice member is footing the .22 brick!!!

Multiple entries ARE allowed, so more posts equals better odds at one of them being best.

ONE rule!!!
    Do NOT put your entries in THIS thread! Create a new thread and insert "contest entry" in the subject.
    Something like... "contest entry--*********".

Rach has given me permission to invite the HPFF crew to enter into this contest. Thanks Rach!!
    Should make for some interesting tales (tails?) and be a lot of fun!

See here:
    http://www.hipointtalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17595

This thread is in our "off topic area" and you must have an account to see it. Of course,
    accounts do not cost anything and all are welcome!
    **edit**
    Tonight sometime, we will have a new "room" called "contest".
    Please put any entries in there. If you have something to write
    prior to the room being setup, that's ok. We will move it in. ;)

Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Rerun

Rerun Member

I was sitting in my favorite tavern, the Thirsty Camel, drinking my usual, a Shirley Temple on the Rocks with a Cherry in it with my best friend, Earl, who was drinking his usual, a Seven and Seven.

I looked around the bar and noticed two scuzzy, old geezers at the end of the bar.

Gesturing, I sez to Earl, "Look at them two pathetic old fools! Ten years from now, that'll be us!"

Earl leans over and peers at the two I'm talking about and exclaims, "You durned idjit! That's a mirror!"

*Shamefaced* eldar

3. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Almost buddy, almost! ;)

4. Bump

Somebody has some good stories! Let's have em roll. This should be fun to see what comes out!

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

So since some of our members may not have, or not be willing to make, an account with HPT, would you be adverse to allowing them to post their stories here on HPFF and be transferred over by you, Ajole, or myself?

6. Good question...
    There are four reasons for the contest.
    1 To have fun!!!
    2 To encourage "mingling" and work further towards breaking down the wall that existed for far too long between the two forims
    3 Stimulate activity on HPT
    4 WIN SOMETHING! ;)

No one here now (that I've seen and I've been here a fair amount) was ever involved in the issues that created the original tension between the forums, so really, there isn't
    a reason for someone not to post at HPT. Unless of course, they just don't want to.
    That said, I think entries should be posted over there.

Would a car dealership (Ford?) that was having a drawing, let you make your entry at a different dealership? I don't know if that's really a good
    example, but it's what came to mind.

All in all, this really is an effort to heal old wounds and have some fun. Sound reasonable?

7. Rachgier

Your contest, your call. Just asking a question that I'm sure was going to come up eventually.

8. And it was well worth asking! ;)

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I have an account on HPT...just don't remember my username or password.

10. Do you remember the email you signed up with?
    If not, make a new one... no prob.

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I registered, will get the site figured out pretty quick.... Is there a mobile app besides tap talk for it?

12. Don't think so. I don't even have a mobile phone so I'm weak in that area.
    Seems like all the posts there that are from cells are either tap talk or plain old browsing.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you on this one.

13. Rachgier

I haven't found any other mobile app for HPT other than the tapatalk app, which I hate. lol

14. Bull

Thanks..... Figured, just checking to see if I was missing it.

15. Bull

Never messed with the tapatalk, but I haven't heard much good bout it...

16. I personally use full fledged browsers only (FireFox is my preference) so I imagine many of you
    know lots more about the mobile apps than I do.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Tapatalk sucks to use.

18. Moona, even you can enter now! ;) No limit now on posts!

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Does it have to be a real story or can I make sh!t up. :-D

20. Rachgier

No matter what story you try and tell, the creative license it's going to require to decipher your atrocious grammar is going to turn it in to a "choose your own adventure" work of fiction.