Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Converted to 995ts and Hydro-Dipped

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Ree9 
#1 ·
I finally decided to convert my 995B "planet of the apes" camp stock to 995ts stock. I also got it hydro-dipped. Couldn't resist. Buddy of mine does hydro-dipping, and tossed me a sweet package deal on my Glock 23 slide, Ruger LCP slide, and my 995. I have added a red dot for quick acquisition. I am not quite done yet. I am ordering some flip up irons, and removing factory irons. I am ordering the stock-mount mag holders. Replacing top rail with full length aluminum rail. Possibly adding a forward grip, and tac light as well. My urban tac rig. What do ya think? Here are some pics below. Had my custom painted C9 in the mix as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
I like that dip much better than some of the paint job I see on here.
Thanks man. Yeh, I was happy with them. This was my first time getting anything of mine dipped. I generally don't like the dips because they are either too wild or too glossy. These dips were finished with a DuraKote matte clear, and the finished product is not that bad. Did you see my detailed pics of my painted C9.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/photo/albums/my-custom-c9-266.html

I still like its looks better than my dips. Maybe cause it was my own hard work. :)

#6 ·
im not a fan of digital camo, BUT....the actual hydro dipping itself is some of the best ive ever seen. alot of times, the nooks and crannies on the HP dont take to the dipping well, or the guy applying it needed more practice, but, whoever did yours, did an awesome job. seriously, probably the best ive ever seen on something with so many ''sharp'' edges and recesses.

#7 ·
im not a fan of digital camo, BUT....the actual hydro dipping itself is some of the best ive ever seen. alot of times, the nooks and crannies on the HP dont take to the dipping well, or the guy applying it needed more practice, but, whoever did yours, did an awesome job. seriously, probably the best ive ever seen on something with so many ''sharp'' edges and recesses.
Thanks. Yeh, I noticed hard edges etc. don't seem to dip well, but mine came out great. There were a few very minor crannies that look like they fought back, but with the pattern they are completely unnoticeable. The pattern I chose mainly because it just lent itself perfectly to my old greyed and weathered 995 parts so that everything just blended together well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.