Convince me on a jcp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Frankie_s, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

I've got a few bucks saved and thinking about buying either another c9 or a jcp 40. I don't have any 40sw firearms. I'm looking to make a hurricane / emergency pack . I had a jhp in my previous bag but know that's my wife's nightstand gun. I found Tula 40 for $11.99 a box at Walmart and the 9mm was $10.99 so ammo is not a issue . So what u guys think ?

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The JCP holds the same number of shots as the C9, but recoils less, puts more energy on target, and tends to have fewer feeding issues, IMHO.

The 4095 is also a good addition, and shares mags with the JCP while the C9 won't share with the 995.

3. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

The jcp is heavier than the c9 but shoots very nice. The extra weight and mass reduce the recoil very effectively. It was the first HP handgun that I owned and still my favorite to shoot.

4. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

My JCP is a good shooter, and if you're looking for a 40 S&W, I don't think you'll be disappointed with a JCP. JCP mags do need some tweaking when new. Specifically, fully load the mag and let sit for a couple of weeks to loosen the spring. Exercise the spring up and down anytime you have time. Bend the small rabbit ear lips outward. (Mine are bent outward at 90 degrees and don't even touch the bullet. Mag feeds fine). Also, the mag will want to hold the rounds slightly nose-low, even after spring is loosened, requiring a palm slap to have them seat correctly and avoid nose diving. Hope this proves helpful.

5. Rerun

Rerun Member

Buy one and convince Yourself!

Good value either way!

eldar

6. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

Just ordered a jcp

7. TopGas

TopGas Member

I'm pretty hard pressed to disagree with almost anything that Ajole says in this forum! (when I do, I mostly keep it to myself;)) The fact that you went ahead and ordered a JCP means you agreed with him and the other the JCP enthusiasts. My B-I-L has the JCP/4095 combo and loves it. I have the 4095 too but I'm not a real fan of the JCP. It's just too darn BIG! My pistol companion to my 4095 is a Taurus 740 Slim. I know, the mags don't exchange but I can deal with it.
    I'm sure that you'll be happy with your decision but I would have gone with the C-9 ;).
    TG

8. Take your wife's JHP and buy her a new one.You know it ticked you off when she laid claims to it anyway.

9. TopGas

TopGas Member

I'm pretty hard pressed to disagree with almost anything that Ajole says in this forum! (when I do, I mostly keep it to myself;)) The fact that you went ahead and ordered a JCP means you agreed with him and the other the JCP enthusiasts. My B-I-L has the JCP/4095 combo and loves it. I have the 4095 too but I'm not a real fan of the JCP. It's just too darn BIG! My pistol companion to my 4095 is a Taurus 740 Slim. I know, the mags don't exchange but I can deal with it.
    I'm sure that you'll be happy with your decision but I would have gone with the C-9 ;).
    TG

10. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

You hear how big and heavy the big Hi Points are, and they are big and heavy. But they are not alone. The FNP45 is a friken tank. Nearly as large, and every bit as heavy. Big and heavy isn't necessarily a bad thing. hehe

11. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

Hey guys, I'm in sorta the same boat. I have a C9 and a 995ts. I am wanting to go with a 40 or 45. I know the specs of each and such, just looking for some different opinions. Will also probably add the carbine later on. Thanks for your input.

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

With the JCP, ammo is a little cheaper. When you get the Carbine, the mags will hold 10 as where the 45 only hold 9. And in a "IT" hits the fan moment, 80% of all LEO's shoot 40 s&w, so there will be plenty of ammo floating a round?

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Get the .45 and you can use 1911 mags including drum mags.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Double negatives and grammar aside, I'm still having trouble figuring out
    if you mostly like or dislike Ajole's Input here at HPFF :rofl: :rofl:

I think you need to dissect these quotes, Al, or at least one of them ;)
    Was the Double Post a "Freudian Slip"??? :p :rofl:

Good Stuff, TopGas! I LOL'ed ;)

15. Recoman

I was kinda leaning towards the 45 because I have a 1911. Did not know the mags were interchangeable tho'

16. Recoman

Is it true that a conversion of some sort needs to be done to the gun or the mags? Not sure on this stuff, just researching a little.

17. TopGas

TopGas Member

I don't know how the "Double Post" occured:blush:. I must have done it BUT it wasn't on purpose.

RE: the Ajole comment, where I come from, it means that I mostly agree with what he says. (It seemed pretty clear to me!:rolleyes:)

RE: double negatives and grammar, please elaborate! If you are going to comment on poor grammar on this forum you will be up night and day!:eek:
    TG

18. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

There's a very easy mod to the mags

http://youtu.be/G9VXNvcSO9A

But we also have ThingMeister who's a member here who makes a magazine catch that allows you to use unmodified 1911 mags including 15 round sticks and drum mags.
    He makes great grips too:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269479

Drum mag;
    http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316765

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  19. Recoman

Hmm...all this is cool, but, its a $150 gun. If you are going to spend that extra money, could you not just get a better gun??? Just sayin'...

20. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yes. Because men always think that way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]