Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was following my wife and kids to the store after our doc appoint. well on the way there her tire went flat on the highway.so we pulled over so i could change it (not really fun during rush our traffic). while i was working on changing the tire a state tropper pulled up to check out the situation and create a buffer from on coming traffic. when i first saw the officer i thought maybe someone called the cops since i had my mil pro in a sob holster and with the wind blowing my shirt kept flying up making it visible. well after i finished changing the tire i went to thank the officer for his help thats when we had a brief converstation about my gun and holster. the officer asked what kind of gun it was (seems its the same gun he has for off duty protection) and asked about the holster...seemed he liked the holster since they dont realy make a sob holster for the mil pro (mines a blackhawk sob designed for the glock 26, a little water and time and the leather stretches that little bit for the trigger gaurd to fit). the officer was really cool about me carrying and gave me a brief lecture on safety especially with guns and small kids. i assured him that im doing everything possible to teach them proper gun saftery. have to say that was the coolest run in with a LEO ive had since i started to CC.

·
Registered
476 Posts
last night i was following my wife and kids to the store after our doc appoint. well on the way there her tire went flat on the highway.so we pulled over so i could change it (not really fun during rush our traffic). while i was working on changing the tire a state tropper pulled up to check out the situation and create a buffer from on coming traffic. when i first saw the officer i thought maybe someone called the cops since i had my mil pro in a sob holster and with the wind blowing my shirt kept flying up making it visible. well after i finished changing the tire i went to thank the officer for his help thats when we had a brief converstation about my gun and holster. the officer asked what kind of gun it was (seems its the same gun he has for off duty protection) and asked about the holster...seemed he liked the holster since they dont realy make a sob holster for the mil pro (mines a blackhawk sob designed for the glock 26, a little water and time and the leather stretches that little bit for the trigger gaurd to fit). the officer was really cool about me carrying and gave me a brief lecture on safety especially with guns and small kids. i assured him that im doing everything possible to teach them proper gun saftery. have to say that was the coolest run in with a LEO ive had since i started to CC.
sounds like a nice guy .. :yes: I have found when talking to most LEO's when they are not writing a ticket or on a call to check out what could be a threatening encounter they are as cool as anyone else .. I have talked to several officers while at events for security and they will talk your ear off about any topic you choose .. However when they are not sure of the suroundings in your car after pulling you over they will be very defensive ..

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm doing a ride along with one of the local police departments as part of a study for a CJ class and the officer told me he had a HP C9 starting out and he liked his gun but has long since gave it up. His advice.... DONT take it apart, if you do, you'll never get it back together:D

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I have always thought that state troopers were generally cool. i'm glad you had a good encounter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts