Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always hated the sling swivels that come with our beloved 995 and 4095. I appreciate that we get a sling and swivels included with our purchase- it's a nice touch. But they never really "swivel" much and look like an afterthought.

Anyhow, I was looking at mine the other day and got an idea- what if I drilled out the rivets? Wouldn't I be left with swivel studs, like you see on most high-end commercial firearms? So, I grabbed my trusty cordless and went to town. And guess what? It worked perfectly! Those rivets drilled out in two seconds, leaving me with swivel studs. I then took a pair of Uncle Mike's detachable swivels and popped them on. Now my 4095 has real sling swivels. It looks and works better.

And before someone else does it, allow me:

:postpics:

(I need to figure out the whole pic posting thing!)

·
Registered
773 Posts
You're right, dude.

:postpics:

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I purchased a set (1403-3 for 1.25" slings) today. What an improvement - thanks for the suggestion - For $10.99 at Dunham's it really makes a difference :yay!:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
What makes this mod so great? Does it make the sling easily detachable or adjustable?
I use the ATI Stock. What I had orignally done was to drill out the rivets, remove the 'strap' and attach it to the ATI with a nut and bolt. This worked - but it looked like Red Green was my gunsmith (sans duct tape)

The "BigHorn" mod looks professional, it will allow me to use a larger (1.25" vs 1") aftermarket sing if I want, and it adds 'quality' to my piece - I just like it.

P.S. Yes, you can quickly remove the sling with a copyle turns of a sping loaded knob on each swivle - it's fiendishly clever in that the knob cannot turn by itself and come loose, it takes a person to deliberatly do it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.