·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Talk about a close shave.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear bombs...

and asteroids too.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts

and asteroids too.
And girls..... :angel:

Ya know, in Revelation it says that "the world will burn with a fervent heat, and the elements shall be consumed by fire". What is the only force known to man that is capable of that type of destruction? :brow:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

and asteroids too.
And girls..... :angel:

Ya know, in Revelation it says that "the world will burn with a fervent heat, and the elements shall be consumed by fire". What is the only force known to man that is capable of that type of destruction? :brow:
Quite a few actually:

-Rouge Solar Flare (HAS been known to happen. Some scientists theorize that Mars was hit by a few of those back in the day.....WAY back...)
-Volcano
-Asteroid (as was mentioned)
-Wildfire on EPIC proportions. Prehistoric records show events where Tens of Thousands of SQUARE MILES have been burned by what looks like vegetation fire without record of a meteor strike)
-Nukes. Of course.
-??? (Hey, we as a species aren't done inventing yet. Just watch: Someone figures out lightspeed technology and ends up trying to test it on planet first)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Sounds like a great recipe for Armageddon dude.... Not that I'm not ready to meet my Maker, I'd just rather it not be today.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
its funny. The night before I heard about that, I had watched a episode of "The Universe" and they had talked about that exact subject. Of course it had aired a while back , but was still very fresh on my mind. They talked about the one they suspect hit siberia back in the early 1900s that if it had hit just a few hours later would have wiped out a large population in Europe. Wow. Then this. :cantlook: Haaaalllllp! Were dooomed!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
were actually long overdue for a asteroid strike of large size. tunguska was the last one (and they think that was actually a near miss) and it is supposed to happen every 100 years or so a 20-100 ft rock whaps us a good one. every 1000 years a 200-1000 ft hits and every 100,000 a 1-5mile ELE size.

SW

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i would hope we would be notified... 3 days is plenty to pack up atleast some belongings and get the he** out. that comet wasnt big enough to be an extinction level event

·
Registered
317 Posts
Honestly, where the hell were you going to go?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
3 days notice is 3 days to do SOMETHING!!! I say an effort to save the world is better than doing nothing to help it, even if it's doomed to fail. You're only a failure if you do nothing. If a task fails, then it's the task's fault and you have nothing to come bite you in the butt about :angel:

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
What is the only force known to man that is capable of that type of destruction? :brow:
My wife after she see's the credit card bill from the local gun show.......LOL

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
I would take the time to get my affairs in order with a case of Jim beam, and alot more fun stuff.
...hence the name... :rolleyes:

Archived from the "Similar Threads" helper at the bottom :D

OP was our good friend "Wizard" aka Silicon Wolverine :rofl:

My Question is, what would YOU do with 3 days?

·
Premium Member
8,662 Posts
...hence the name... :rolleyes:

Archived from the "Similar Threads" helper at the bottom :D

OP was our good friend "Wizard" aka Silicon Wolverine :rofl:

My Question is, what would YOU do with 3 days?
I can load up my truck with supplies and drive across the country in three days barring traffic going the same way I am going with fuel I am carrying.

Three firearms, some ammo, food, water, some equipment, fuel, and evil intent, my sweetie patootie and away!

Unless, it is better to stay put.

eldar

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
"Lucifer's Hammer"....Good read. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts