Cost of shipping back a Hi-Point Carbine and thing I should know

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by 1024Megabytes, Jan 13, 2015.

1. What would the estimated costs be for shipping a long gun to Ohio from around Nevada? What United States Post Office regulations does one need to be aware of? Obviously you ship the firearm unloaded.

A Promag Industries magazine stripped plastic out of the magazine well on a Hi-Point Carbine and now factory magazines are loose when seated.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Oops.............

3. Juniper70

Juniper70 Member

why couldn't you ship the magwell sans the bbl and action?

4. What do you mean by this? I do not understand. Please clarify.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It's against federal law to be on PO property with a firearm. I have had them shipped to me from an FFL to an FFL via USPS. It was PICKED UP AT THE BUSINESS. If it has the serial number on it? It is a firearm. If not you should be good to go.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

Why not just buy a new stock from Ma?

7. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

I sent two carbines back using usps from NJ to Ohio about 20.00 you can't ship handguns via the PO they have to go UPS

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

Don't bet the farm on that. I have received several handuns via the PO. Just were shipped FFL to FFL. All guns from sellers on Gunbroker.

9. Juniper70

Juniper70 Member

Just ship the stock. Or buy a new stock.:p

10. Shipping back the 4595 carbine stock would be a good idea. If there is no receiver there is no firearm legally.

11. 03psd73

03psd73 Member

Just shipped my 995 back and shipping was $17 Done just what MOM said package it up real good and mark on it "machined parts". Sent a pistol in the same way last year, no problems. Mom will send it back fed x/ ups ground with sig required by someone over 21.
    Post office might not agree but if it wont feed or shot it is not really a gun. Just a bunch of machined parts put together in the shape of a gun.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

ONLY FFL can ship hand guns through the USPS
    Customer can ship a Long Gun to the MFG through USPS
    I let my FFL send my hand guns back to MoM. It cost him $8.95 for a FLAT RATE bubble envelope, he charges me $10.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

Thanks Melvin. If you walk into a post office with a pistol in any state and they know it? You might be talking to the FBI in an orange jump suit. Roll the dice.

Bad advice on this thread.

14. 03psd73

03psd73 Member

I wasnt give ANY advice I was just saying what I have done.

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

After reading the bulletin board at the local PO I won't drop a letter in the box outside in the parking lot when carrying.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

03 I wasn't addressing your post.

I find it hard to believe the "machined parts" advise from an FFL or manufacturer. If they did and you shipped a part with a serial number on it you could end up in the pokey with felony charges.

17. 03psd73

03psd73 Member

Thats what I was told by mom. Because I was unsure of thd laws govering it. And I assumed that was why they return ship by ups.

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

UPS? Different tha USPS. I have shipped a whole pistol the the MFR with no labeling other than the shipping label, and that is the way it came back.

Topic by the OP was using the post office to ship. Not UPS or FedEx. Apples and oranges.

RIF welcome to the site.

19. 03psd73

03psd73 Member

Ups the big brown trucks. I shipped to mom by usps and mom used ups or maybe fed x been awhile since I received it back

20. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Deff not the first time I've heard of MoM telling someone to do this. But only concerning long guns through USPS.