Couldn't pass on the 45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by GlocKen40, Dec 30, 2014.

1. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

Been looking for a 40 to go with my carbine I bought awhile back. Ran into this 45 yesterday and couldn't pass, like brand new. 3 mags, holster, hard case and a box of 50 230 Gr. RN. Traded one of my old shotguns.
    Now I have to get another set of dies and some bullets. It just never ends:)

Can't wait to get to the range and shoot it, but it is real cold and our club only has an outdoor range.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

I really like my H-P .45 ACP pistol. It's a keeper for sure.

3. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

It's a very soft shooting 45. I love mine

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

You are now officially hooked. Now you need to get a 4595 to go with it. Next you will need the 9 mm and on and on and on. :D

5. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

SLOW down there planosteve, getting pretty loose with MY money! :D
    I already have to buy dies and bullets, one caliber I don't have.

6. juski_w

juski_w Member

Pretty much same happened to me. I had to get .45 carbine .....it only makes sense right?

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

7. juski_w

juski_w Member

I got one of those Iberia flush magazines & it now my truck/work carry

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

8. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

Although I believe I will enjoy shooting this pistol, there is one thing that has to be changed....the grips. They are just too smooth without much gripping surface.
    Have narrowed it down to three choices, stippling, rubber grip tape, texture paint. Have never done stippling before, but kind of like the idea. Have made some custom grips before from Talon material, but the shape of the 45 grip is rather complex. Most of my guns have Talon grips. Texture paint is my last choice, I think it would wear rather quickly.
    Will post some pics of my finished gun, when I decide what to do.
    Anyone have other ideas, I would welcome your opinions, Thanks.

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

The large handall grip sleeve works great. I've got one on both of my carbines. Some people have made their own with a section of bike inner tube

Attached Files:

10. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1420143889.195618.jpg . I use a tuff1 gun grip on my 45.

11. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

thingmeister

12. rickm

rickm Member

Well you could always trade it for the 40 pistol so you could use the same mags and same dies lol

13. MachoMelvin

GlocKen40, your Spartans are teaching Baylor a thing or two about Mic Higan? haha

14. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

Thanks MachoMelvin, Looked at some on Fleabay, really like those. Varied in price from $21 to $28 or so with free shipping, good price ?

15. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, I didn't include slip-ons or wraps in my consideration for grips as I don't care for them. I like rubber but only in a Talon style.

16. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

Missed that :(

17. MachoMelvin

At the time, Michigan State was behind in the football game'. They came back & won it!

18. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

New Grips

After much consideration I decided to try cutting some grips using Talon grip material. Almost all my guns have Talon grips so I really wanted to stay with the same feel. Talon doesn't make a factory cut grip so it is a do it yourself with the same material they use.
    Ready for a range trip :)

Attached Files:

19. I love my JHP. It's the first semi auto I've owned and I'm glad I bought it. The 4595 is also a sweet shooter. Real glad I saw them tested on Defensive Weapons and Handguns. Never heard of Hi-Point before that but they are winners.

20. The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid Member

Hogue grips seem to be pretty popular. I thought about getting one but thus far I've not had a problem with the factory grips.