Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JHP 45 and my counterweight rattles when I walk. Does anyone elses? If so how do you stop it. It will be hard hunt with it this fall if I rattle. And it makes it harder to concealed carry with rattle. Thanks Chopper

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
C9 rattled when I walked with or without a mag in place. Unfortunately, the powers that be here don't like me posting what I did to fix it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
stldrgnrdr

As broomhead said, I also can't say how to fix it, but I do know that not to long back someone posted on one of the forums how he fixed the problem and it is really easy...... guess you will just have to start scanning and reading all the forums past........ and believe me if you do you will also learn a heck of a lot of other great useful information about your type of gun and all the other great guns that Hi Point makes...... good luck...... :welcome:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does the couterweight actually do? I love this pistol. 300 rounds with no problems.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The counter weight forces the gun to land on the mag-well down in the event that it is dropped. This helps to prevent the sear from accidentally being released and discharging the firearm.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
BROOMHEAD. SAY WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just took my gun over to the bed, held it 4 feet over it, about the height from drawn position to the ground. and unless it was dropped mag down on purpose it NEVER turned in the air like a cat landing on it's feet. I personally don't know what the counterweight is really for, but it sure isn't what you said.... sorry to disagree...... perhaps you just worded something wrong in your answer ??????

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Perhaps you should read about it in the newspaper ;)
WTF?!?

Anyhow, I was incorrect.
Hi-Point C9 Manual said:
Passive Internal Drop Safeties-
Sear Block- A spring loaded plate that falls under the sear pin arm when pistol is dropped on its rear.
Counter Weight- A weight that counteracts sear movement when pistol is dropped on its handle.
That is what the counter weight is for.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I'm guessing newspaper might be used in fixing the rattle.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Seem to remember a pic where the cw fell out of the mag well. It doesn't seem to be attached very well does it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.