Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

CPX-9 Whatcha' think?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  pjm204 
#1 ·
I was talking to a friend on the internet and he bought a 9mm made by SCCY Industries. It's a nice looking gun and he said he has not had any problems with it. They are a bit more expensive than Hi Point. I saw where they go for $259 online comes with lifetime warranty, two 9 round mags, trigger lock, 2 hand extensions.

http://www.sccyindustries.com/2009/index.html

#2 ·
i've heard a ton of stories about the safety(not even sure why they bothered putting a safety on these)won't stay where you put it and it turns it's self on while you're shooting . and more than a few people have busted the slide on them . that being said i don't own one , but if i was going to get something like it i'd get a kel tec p11 or pf9 , same price , better warranty , all around a better gun .

#4 ·
Probably you will be ok. They always look like a KT knock off-- having shot the KT and not the SCCY, I can't comment much, save they look nice enough for an occassional shooter and not a heavy use range gun.

#8 ·
Now I don't normally say this as I am not a gun snob. I own several Kel-Tecs, several Hi-Points and many off-brand firearms. I bought a SKYY(now SCCY) and it was a complete and I mean complete piece of crap. My first one was around serial number 1500 and the slide had bad peening where the barrel locks up, the takedown pin hole elongated, and the frame cracked...all this within 500 rounds. I sent it back, SCCY was helpful and sent me a new gun with an extra mag. This one was around serial number 10,000. I shot a couple hundred out of it and noticed it was starting to go south so I traded it for a 995. The part that cracked on the first frame was just removed on the new one....oh yea and the safety which I eventually modded would come on every few shots.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE. Get a P-11, I have two of them and they never let me down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.