Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up with the crazy used gun prices folks are wanting ?I posted on another forum that I was looking for a 12 and 20 gauge pump shotgun.Any brand is ok as long as it worked properly.I was getting alot of hits but I could go to Walmart and buy brand new for $50 or so less than they were asking.Are these guys price gouging or did they pay too much themselves?I also went to my local pawn shop that I do alot of business with and they wanted $200 for an old Stevens.Like I said i could get a brand new Maverick pump at Wally World for $187 or a Mossberg for $217 plus tax.Are people really paying these prices?Anyone else run into this lately?

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
I was at a pawn shop a couple weeks ago, they had a very used chinese sks, stock was painted and screwed back together, very rough condition, still wanted $450 for it. Seems people are trying to take advantage of the current situation. Some folks unknowingly think if it's used they're getting a better deal.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Dude, it's like the other day when I saw an under folder AK at the gun store for $750.00, and a run of the mill WASR-10 Romanian for $635.00. It's pretty wide spread since guns are a hot commodity right now. Buy a new shotgun and be done with it. People are gonna want more money than their guns are worth, unless you buy from someone here on the forum.

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
When the histeria is over the prices will come down. Right now only the wise will buy and only when the price is sane. I think there is a lot of additude in the pricing of gun right now. I quit going to gun show because I just get upset at the prices.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one gentleman offer me a Maverick 12 gauge like new for $265 WTF? I am goin to a gun show Saterday morning just to see what the prices are.What are these dealers going to do when the price goes down?They will loose there butts on the inventory they have.

·
1,792 Posts
Well,,,,,, A buddy of mine owns a local gun shop. Being a wise man he is, He filled his stock prior to the election and is selling his stock that he paid much less for then you would now at a reduced rate from any one in the local area. Yes he has raised his prices to be below the average. This makes him a pretty penny while still offering the best deal around.

With that said he is having to restock with the higher priced stuff. The sales from the old sheaper stock offset the new prices.

And allows him to still maintain a bargain for the area. All the while increasing stock. Sounds shaddy yes. But you must remember this is his lively hood and it is a busness.

His only worry is the extreme back orders. SKS' are becoming scarce, AK's are gouged on prices even for the dealer, While AR15 are on back order like a mother, Lucky ( or smart) of him to stock up in advance.

pistols seem to be about the same factor in for the market inflation.

Used well I have seen many people extremely proud of there firearms and price reflects it. I have to admit I did consider selling My AR15 in Topeka at a Gouged price and turn around and repurchase local, However I did not only for the fat that My AR is set up to my liking with the bells and whisles and as stated all AR15 products are on back order or hard to find..

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
While I was waiting for the paperwork on my new Taurus to go through, I was talking to the owner and he told me about how he sells brand new guns. Then will see the same guns weeks later being sold by other dealers for $50-100 more. And he limiting two boxes of ammo per day to people now because he dont want those assholes to bogart ammo at the shows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.