Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far this week there have been 3 home invasions, one of which left the home owner dead and his wife and daughter without a husband/father. The crime rate has really gone up around here. The last of the 3 invasions was Wednesday, and the man of the house fought back. There were 3 of them, he shot one of them twice and one of them 7-8 time according to the papers (9mm pistol), the other guy was the driver. He was caught eventually after driving the guy who got shot twice to the hospital. The 7-8 shot guy was in critical last I heard. Maybe that will teach them not to break into houses anymore.

The sad thing is that all 3 of them go to the college I go to. I actually had a class with one of the guys, he seemed nice enough too. It's crazy what the economy does to people...money starts going away and people freak out.

This week, several of the little mild-mannered ladies at my church went out and bought pistols/shotguns for their homes.

What's the crime like in other areas? Increase/Decrease?

·
Registered
168 Posts
So far this week there have been 3 home invasions, one of which left the home owner dead and his wife and daughter without a husband/father.
Where are you?

·
Registered
82 Posts
around midnight tuesday i was outside smokin and some punk comes rolling around my corner on a bike real slow stops at the hostess minivan across the street that my neighbor drives for work opens the door jumps in and turns off the dome light, so i grab my phone and call 911, before the police get here he got out and rode away on his bike i thought that was it so waited outside for the officer to show up and here comes same punk walking up the street jumped in the minivan and popped the parking brake and started rolling down the hill ,so now i called 911 to report a stolen car, at the bottom of the hill he started the car turned the lights on and drove away. at the entrance to my development the police car was coming in so he freaked out and came back around the block with the cop following him unfortunatly 911 sucks around here and dispatch didnt give the second stolen car call untill the officer stopped in front of my house to find out what was happening giving the punk enough time to pull back around the corner and ditch it and run, it was still running with no key when they went over to look at it ... my neighbor was very thankfull

this never happens here my other neighbor was leaving his sears service van unlocked with all his tools in it untill this happened

punk got away but they found his bike :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
435 Posts
During the summer we had some armed holdups, invasions, etc., but since september it got really quiet. Mostly DUI's now with the holidays and whatnot.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I haven't heard of too much around here (mid Michigan), at least no more than normal. Depending on what happens with the cities around here there may be more budget cuts and that = less police and fire protection.

That means I carry my gun as often as I can.

G

·
It's really quiet here in the metropolis of Walnut. I live n a neighborhood Worth a mix of 50/50 (young/old). The young ones know that all of the old people are armed and have no problem filling their shorts full of rock salt or worse.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Things have gotten kinda crazy here on Holloman as well dude. My house was broken into and one of my NCO's house was invaded 3 times. Not to mention all the stuff that's been disappearing from people's carports like my buddies racing tires for his 1969 Chevy Nova Coupe SS. That was about $1500.00 worth of tires and rims that just walked the hell away. Absolutely nuts.

G

·
I read the front page of the newspaper and at NSU there was a shooting. A student seen two others walking so he offered them a ride, they accepted. As they were going down the road at some point they tried to rob the driver.......he was packin and he drew his weapon and fired killing one. The other ran and was found on campus the next day....also the would be victim was charged with some kind of concealing charge.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, that sucks about those wheels. Does his insurance cover theft? I know I'd hate to eat a $1500 loss...

I feel bad for people that get caught for carrying violations. It seems like it should be unconstitutional to prevent someone protecting themselves. Places like college campuses where guns are banned are like barrels of fish waiting to be exploited by some angry kid with a violence fetish.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
crime is surely increasing in central AR. It always does right around the holidays, mostly burglaries, not usually home invasions. We did have a tv personality get killed about a month ago though.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Crime hasn't been too bad here in the Phoenix/Metro actually. I usually work in the pretty lousy parts of town, so I probably see more of it than most people, but it's not on the increase. Had one robbery attempt against me last month, but being a cab driver that's not too unusual. Then again, our moron of a Sheriff Joe Arpiao just got re-elected (for some god-for-known-reason considering he's a media whore and doesn't actually act on warrants, just useless "immigration sweeps" in the same 3 areas of town that get alot of media attention but do nothing to stave off crime) and there's ALOT of his cars around. In return, the Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale police have put more of THEIR cars out in order to counter-act the "presence" of the Sheriff's department forces. It seems one doesn't like the others playing in the same sandbox.

There HAS seemed to be alot more counterfeit bills being busted lately in the East Valley from what I hear. Lots of servers, bartenders and cabbies have been catching them (Caught 3 counterfeit $50's, two $100's and even a $20 this week). Come to be expected. That and there was a huge deal about some guy running around the University District (called Mill Ave...although it encompasses a 5 square block area) with an illegal towtruck stealing cars, but beyond that.... no unusual rise in violent crime thankfully.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I know the Secret Service head for AR, he says they spend 90% of their time chasing counterfeiters. Who'da thought.

·
Registered
534 Posts
In Vegas, the big thing seems to be copper theft. People are breaking into new construction homes and ripping out all the copper wires and pipes. One idiot even started a fire because he was trying to rip out LIVE wires at a business. Another case that proves Child Protective Services is working hard for you!!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I know the Secret Service head for AR, he says they spend 90% of their time chasing counterfeiters. Who'da thought.
Back in the 1920's and 1930's, that was their actual main goal. The Secret Service was designed from the get-go as a Counterfeit resistance organization in order to stabilize the US currency. Alot of organized crime during the era made as much from Counterfeit rings as they did fro illegal distilling and bootlegging. Their expansion into state security didn't occur until after the war

·
Registered
168 Posts
@idotusa
I'm in Florence, Alabama

Did you hear about it?
No. Just checking to making sure it was not any where near me.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
In Bend, OR, 16 miles to the south of me, they had a home invasion where a 95 yr old lady was being chocked, but her sister walked in and the perp took off. We have had a slight increase in the last couple of years.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Well, hello from Podunk USA! :D I live in west central Illinois and we don't see a lot of violent crime. Most of it here is the domestic type, you know, abusive husband kills his wife. Jealous boyfriend or girlfriend shoots the other. For the first several years that we lived here, the only thing we saw was someone stole a wheel and tire off my wifes car, found the car on a block the next morning, and one Saturday morning we found the contents of her cars glove box and console neatly laid on the front seat. I'm sure they were disappointed, no money or drugs.
Then one night about three years ago someone was shot and killed on the opposite side of the block where we live at a convenience store. Drug related.
Makes me glad I have a C9 and a Davis .380 here. I hope I never have to use them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts