Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a book forget what book it said not crimp 45 acp when reloading i going to do it anyway lee reload book said to crimp them so thats what iam going to do. Just like to know if anybody else had heard this. :brow:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Re: Cripm

I have heard and read this also. LOL, but I ignored it and crimp using the Lee Factory Crimp die so it will be at factory specs. Found out that when I did not use the Lee FCD a significant portion of my rounds wiuld be oversized according to the case gauge I use. IMHO and experience crimping the 45acp with the FCD is well worth doing.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
ahh crimping..lol....I have found in my experiance that with most "production" projectiles it is not neccasarry to add a hard crimp. I have found that with most of my hand cast rounds i need the crimp to help hold the bullet that extra split second to get the best groups. The way i see it you can never have enough reloading stuff. Go ahead and get the crimp die cause sooner or later you might need it and its a PITA to have to stop a good loading session cause you dont have the right tool.....Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
BTW i was refering to straight wall pistol loads......

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Use a taper crimp on 45ACP. I think all currently manufactured dies are taper crimp. Use the minimum crimp that will allow the case to enter your gun and hold your bullet in place. It will extend the life of your brass.-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts